Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Mass Shooting - This time at Church
I can't get around to posting a political thread today, sorry. I was working on more sources for my "Make America Great Again" thread but I don't feel like playing politics today. 

Yet ANOTHER shooting, this time at least 2 dozen dead, another 2 dozen injured. Not much news coming out as to motive (and if Vegas showed us anything, that's a rabbit hole these days) but here's what they know:

Quote:Texas Congressman Vicente Gonzalez said on MSNBC he had received reports that "24 people are now deceased from this incident and 20 people are injured. We won’t have final numbers until probably a few more hours."

Quote:A gunman opened fire inside a rural Texas church on Sunday, killing about 25 people and injuring at least another 10, officials said.

"Approximately 25 people" were deceased, including the gunman, following the shooting at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackett told NBC News.

NBC

I'll post some more shortly. I have 2 sites up with conflicting information so i'm going to try and grab them both (in case information starts to disappear later...)

tinycrying

From CNN

Quote:The shooter was killed after a brief chase north into neighboring Guadalupe County, according to Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office spokesman Robert Murphy. It is unclear if the shooter was killed by police or took his own life, Murphy said.

The FBI is responding to the scene of the shooting, according to Michelle Lee, spokeswoman for the FBI's San Antonio field office.
Local police also have responded to the scene, which occurred at the First Baptist Church, a witness told CNN. The witness, a cashier at a gas station across the street from the church, said she heard about 20 shots being fired in quick succession while a church service was underway around 11:30 a.m. local time

So unless he left a note or a trail of suspicion - yet another case of "we may never know". 

cnn

Other places are reporting that there are children among the victims. 

Quote:Amanda Mosel's 13-year-old goddaughter was gunned down in the shooting. With tears in her eyes, the 34-year-old stood outside the Sutherland Springs Community Building where citizens gathered following the shooting.

"From what I've heard, someone just walked in and started shooting," she said.
Mosel said she "sadly" didn't attend church this morning, but the church is one she's attended.
"There's maybe 50 of us," she said. "It's a small, tight-knit church."
Devy Collins, 53, said one of the church pastor's children was killed.

MSN

[Image: AAutCUP.jpg]

[Image: 98626425_texas_church_shooting_map640_nc.png]

[Image: 98626424_hi042826362.jpg]

Quote:Sutherland Springs is a small town with just a few hundred residents, which lies about 50km (30 miles) southeast of the city of San Antonio.

The San Antonio FBI branch said its agents had been deployed, and there was no indication of the gunman's motive.
The FBI also said that while only one shooter was reported, it was looking into other possibilities.

BBC

There are names floating out there ID'ing the deceased suspect. Will do more digging to see if it's confirmed anywhere else (removed video because it's sketchy...)

[Image: ZVNRtUyHBJI]

Messages In This Thread
Another Mass Shooting - This time at Church - by DuckforcoveR - 11-05-2017, 11:13 PM