Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"How I would save star Trek discovery"
I edited wikipedia for the fun of it

Fan Reception- Negative

Please note, a simple use of youtube and google indicates fans have a different opinion then the above listed Reception. Reception among fans differs from paid critics.

General out line of the main issues collected from searches
1)Paid subscription service
Most fans already pay for cable, internet, Hulu, and/or Netflix. This is a sticking point fans and viewers do not find acceptable

2)Mary sue accusations for main character
Finding out main character is Spock's long lost stepsister does qualify to fans and others as this trope. Please reference TV tropes for the outlines of Mary Sue/ Marty Stew characters

3)Behavior does not match background
A commander loyal for years will not turn on the Captain in an act of mutiny, out of the blue. Please study military history and command structures.

4)Klingons
Huge sticking point among fan base
a)purple klingons - visual change with no explanation
b)Cultural change - issue with action over the dead which is described as dishonorable
c)Politics used as a basis- the main changes to Klingons to link them to Trump Supporters

5)Characters
Summed up as lack of character development of rest of crew. No one stood out that the fans will pay to see more on

6)Writing style
Generally faulted as sub par compared to other series.

7)Accusations in comments sections
Paid advertisers by CBS
Please note: No evidence was list or provided but I am including this for psychological value indicating feelings of the fans

Fans positive response
1)Special effects was the shining point
Please note Glitches was down point of this

2)Budget
the show has money in the budget and the fans noted this

Messages In This Thread
RE: "How I would save star Trek discovery" - by Wallfire - 09-21-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: "How I would save star Trek discovery" - by Armonica_Templar - 09-25-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: "How I would save star Trek discovery" - by Wallfire - 09-25-2017, 06:54 PM