Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally
(08-17-2017, 05:44 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 06:49 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I'll take fighting back against nazis any day. That's just me. Is it extreme? Damn right, people should be ashamed tostand by "peacefully" while jack booted thugs march through our streets chanting seig heil...

Fair enough. I'll watch your war on TV.

I do note, however, your firm stance against the First Amendment. I respect you for taking a stance against the United States governing documents and making it public. To hell with all those dead guys who died to protect it, right? I don't have a problem with that, as you certainly have a right to your opinion, same as anyone else. Those dead guys died to protect YOUR right to free speech too... even if you use it to condemn free speech. Funny how that works, ain't it?

Given the circumstances in your post, I'm afraid that, as one who supports the First Amendment and has done my part to protect it, I am honor bound not to join you in your war, regrettably. If all the miscreants are doing is marching and chanting, there ain't a damned thing my honor will allow me to do about it - doesn't matter what flag they are marching under, nor whether they are chanting "seig heil", "Workers of the world UNITE!", "what do we want - DEAD COPS! When do we want them - NOW" or "nanna nanna boo boo!" I can't, for the life of me, assault people whose only crime is walking and speaking. They'd have to do a bit more than that to raise enough ire for me to attack.

So enjoy your war. I'll be watching it on TV, and maybe occasionally cheering you on. When they come to actually squash YOUR rights to free speech as you would have done to theirs, give me a call and I'll be right there to back you up...  but until then, until they actually DO something against you, I'm sitting this one out.

P.S. - I've actually faced down jack-booted thugs. Hell, even my wife has. They ain't that tough if handled properly, so have fun with it.

And yet you are totally fine with somebody running over people on "the other side" for doing the same damn thing. Get that shit out of here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-14-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by DuckforcoveR - 08-18-2017, 02:37 AM