Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally
(08-14-2017, 02:19 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: So, voice an opinion peacefully and it's totally cool to be mowed the fuck down by a car? Post one damn comment about a terror attack in the future and I'll be there waiting. Not that you care (you just said that you don't) but I just want the opportunity to bash your hypocrisy.

"Peacefully"?

I don't know if you live in this area, or - if you live safely far from it - what videos you may have not seen of the event, but the protest was FAR from "peaceful"... unless you have a really funny definition of "peaceful".

Let's examine your "terrorism" comment, however. What IS terrorism? Are you hip to the definition of it? For the benefit of those who may not be - and I'm not saying you are included among that number, as I know not whether you are or not - terrorism is defined as "The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." Oxford English Dictionary.

ALL of the violence in Charlottesville, especially the inception of it by the "counter protestors" who started the show via the use of chemical weapons against the legally-protected speakers and crowd, fits that definition. Why is it then, that only one side is taking ALL of the blame and ire, without the instigators even getting an Honorable mention?

No.

When one lies down with dogs, one is apt to arise with fleas. When the dead woman picked a side and marched with one faction of America's enemies against another faction of America's enemies, she made her bed.

With dogs.

No amount of Monday-morning quarterbacking is going to change those facts.

No, "getting mowed the fuck down by a car" for peacefully protesting is NOT ok... but you have to be peacefully protesting to qualify for that disclaimer.

She wasn't.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by 1984hasarrived - 08-14-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Car plows into dozens of protesters at Charlottesville rally - by Ninurta - 08-14-2017, 10:42 PM