Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pope Francis Says America Has
(07-08-2017, 06:42 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 06:17 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: He should take down part of that wall around the Vatican and invite all them to come live in his 'loving' city.   tinysure

No chance.... When it comes to virtue-signalling, the Vatican leads the way in the world of double-standards.
Even California are in it's shadow!

It's not the "virtue-signalling" that troubles me. Folks have been pounding their own chests while tooting their own horns and shouting "lookit ME! Lookit ME!" for aeons. It's the virtue-defining that troubles me. What in the hell gives those numb-nuts the right to determine what is a "virtue" to me? What they are trying to define as "virtue" looks like stupid doubled-down on to me... and they want to shove that dumb shit down my throat and force me to see it as "virtue" as well. They can all kiss the softest, gentlest part of my ass. Ain't gonna happen.

War does produce refugees, but so do a lot of other things. Out of all the types of refugees, I have the least respect for war refugees, among refugees in general. If you ain't willing to stand and fight for your own damned turf, where your own ancestors are buried, what makes you think you can just come and take mine? I guaran-damned-tee there is gonna be a fight involved here, too. Why not just stay and fight for what is yours, rather than coming along and trying to take what ain't? You're gonna get shot at either way, so it might as well be where you are comfortable, where you know the land, where you have a fighting chance to survive it.

Attention war refugees: that ain't HERE.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Pope Francis Says America Has - by guohua - 07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Pope Francis Says America Has - by BIAD - 07-08-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: Pope Francis Says America Has - by BIAD - 07-08-2017, 06:42 PM
RE: Pope Francis Says America Has - by Ninurta - 07-11-2017, 06:26 AM