Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Dakota Protesters WIN
I am so very happy!   See what can happen when people unite together for a GOOD cause, and do it PEACEFULLY? 

[Image: 3B0A7F5C00000578-3999630-image-a-100_1480888394284.jpg]

Quote:BREAKING: Dakota protesters WIN their bid to stop pipeline being built through Standing Rock
  • Protesters at the Dakota Access Pipeline cheered as the news emerged
  • The US Army Corps engineers informed tribal elders Sunday afternoon
  • Came after thousand of servicemen and women arrived to protest 
  • Demonstrators had filed onto the site in huge numbers in last few days   
The Dakota Access Pipeline will not go ahead at the Standing Rock Indian reservation, it was announced Sunday.
Cheyenne river Sioux Tribal Council chairman Harold Frazier told DailyMail.com that he was 'shocked' by the news, which he'd received from Jo-Ellen Darcy, US Army Corps of engineers.
The camp erupted into cheers as the news spread that the corps would not enforce an easement that would have allowed a pipeline to run through tribal lands, including a burial site. 
Faith Spotted Eagle, an elder of the Ihanktonwan tribe, said: 'The easement has been denied. We have all come to this gathering being hosted by Mother Earth. I love you all.'
Shailene Woodley, star of the Divergent movies and 'The Fault in Our Stars', who had previously been arrested while protesting told a huge crowd: 'We feel so honored to have been a small part of this movement.'
Cries of Mni Waconi - 'Water is life' - went up from the crowd. 

[Image: 3B0A7BD800000578-3999630-image-a-104_1480888422360.jpg]

Watch the video on the source page; I can't get it to embed here.

Read the full story here:  Source

I feel like dancing... but I can't.   tinylaughing

Messages In This Thread
BREAKING: Dakota Protesters WIN - by Mystic Wanderer - 12-04-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: BREAKING: Dakota Protesters WIN - by guohua - 12-05-2016, 04:16 AM
RE: BREAKING: Dakota Protesters WIN - by BIAD - 12-05-2016, 12:48 PM