Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University Students Comforted with ‘Counseling’ after Seeing Confederate Flag on Lapt
Oh I call bullshit on these drama queens, come on......you are just trying to stir up shit when there is none, because you can
And the colleges are just as guilty for catering to these few kids

(Nov. 2015)
Quote:University students in Massachusetts who were upset by an image of a Confederate flag sticker on another student’s laptop were offered counseling services at Framingham State University.

The offer came after the university’s “chief diversity and inclusion officer,” Sean Huddleston, described the display of the small Confederate flag sticker as a “bias incident.”

According to Metrowest Daily News, students filed two “bias reports” within the past month as a result of a student displaying the flag in some way. The most recent bias incident – reported on November 19 – was a report of a student having seen a Confederate flag sticker on another student’s laptop.

In an email to students, Huddleston did not declare a ban on displaying the flag, but claimed that it upsets some students.

SOURCE

How many people on college campus and all this over 2 "bias reports" (what a classy name)

Just do not understand how 2 or 3 people can effect the whole damn school system like that
Maybe someone needs to have a talking to them about tolerance towards others

And even tho there were only 2 complaints, they sent out an email to students...most of which could care less 
Huddleston did not declare a ban on displaying the flag, but claimed that it upsets some students.
 So now we announce every little complaint to the whole school, when it used to be kept among those involved? Ooookaaaay

Quote:   A student reported a bias incident today, in which the image of the Confederate flag was displayed on a laptop. Many of you may be aware that last month we received a Bias Incident involving two other students for a similar issue. Although related in nature, the two incidents involve separate parties.

The FSU Bias Protocol and Response Team has been made aware of the incident, and will meet to determine any measures that may be needed to respond to the incident. Our primary goal continues to be to expeditiously address and resolve incidents of bias that impede our progress toward a welcoming and inclusive campus community.

Pardon me, but WTF is the "Bias Protocol and Response Team" ???  :dry: 

My god are people that overly sensitive now a days that there has to be some kind of friggin response team created ???   :blink: 

How on earth are these young adults going to be able to make it on their own once they leave these "safe zones" on college campus
Because in the real world, they better learn to suck it up and deal with issues in a mature and responsible way, not run home and cry to Momma   

Yep, the next generation of kids is going to be nothing but a bunch of whiney azz cry babies if they keep this touchy-feely shit up
But then again, think most do it now a days just because they can, not because they are "offended and distraught" 

Cannot believe how soft colleges have gotten
So much for teaching history and diversity among the students 
Or at least where the Rebel flag is concerned

How pathetic!!
Sorry, I feel zero sympathy for these people

I will say this, have to hand it to the MSM for creating hyper-hysteria towards the rebel flag
Now we are experiencing a new phobia.....the "reb-phobia"

And sadly, much of it is nothing to do about nothing

Students Referred to Counseling Services After a Confederate Flag Was Seen on a Laptop

[Image: 48905482.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
University Students Comforted with ‘Counseling’ after Seeing Confederate Flag on Lapt - by senona - 05-23-2016, 03:45 AM