Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaked Documents Outline DHS’s Plans to Police Disinfo
So it turns out (no surprise) the US intelligence cartel has been working intimately with online platforms to regulate the "cognitive infrastructure" of the population.

Quote:Leaked Documents Outline DHS’s Plans to Police Disinformation

Jen Easterly, Biden’s appointed director of CISA, swiftly made it clear that she would continue to shift resources in the agency to combat the spread of dangerous forms of information on social media. “One could argue we’re in the business of critical infrastructure, and the most critical infrastructure is our cognitive infrastructure, so building that resilience to misinformation and disinformation, I think, is incredibly important,” said Easterly, speaking at a conference in November 2021.

To accomplish these broad goals, the report said, CISA should invest in external research to evaluate the “efficacy of interventions,” specifically with research looking at how alleged disinformation can be countered and how quickly messages spread. Geoff Hale, the director of the Election Security Initiative at CISA, recommended the use of third-party information-sharing nonprofits as a “clearing house for information to avoid the appearance of government propaganda.”

The Intercept article reads like a rewording of Obama information czar, Cass Sunstein's 2008 paper on Conspiracy Theories.

[Image: eCpOHOp.jpg]

When Sunstein was asked about his paper, he claimed to barely remember writing it.

It's called I.I.A. - Interactive Internet Activities. It's basically psychological warfare where they don't inject agents into circles, just information, mostly false narratives, sprinkled with some truth crumbs in order to gauge specific types of emotions and responses from people and communities to create a feedback loop. Limited hangouts, Joe Rogan, Mike Cernovich, Tavistock, godlikeproductions, Alex Jones & Infowars, Peter Thiel-sponsored buddies, and on & on.

[Image: GIvUeDs.jpg]
DoD Interactive Internet Activities (3-page PDF)

It's still funny how slide 5 of Thiel's Palantir deck on Wikileaks (PDF) highlight's reporters like Glenn "have a liberal bent, but ultimately most of them if pushed will choose professional preservation over cause,"

[Image: QEKjjf4.jpg]

[Image: RB4zLP3.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(11-01-2022, 09:29 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: So it turns out (no surprise) the US intelligence cartel has been working intimately with online platforms to regulate the "cognitive
infrastructure" of the population...

...It's called I.I.A. - Interactive Internet Activities. It's basically psychological warfare where they don't inject agents into circles,
just information, mostly false narratives, sprinkled with some truth crumbs in order to gauge specific types of emotions and
responses from people and communities to create a feedback loop.

Limited hangouts, Joe Rogan, Mike Cernovich, Tavistock, godlikeproductions, Alex Jones & Infowars, Peter Thiel-sponsored buddies,
and on & on...

Everyone is involved... they have been for a very long time.
It's finding out who the everyone is, is the problem!

Maybe James Forrestal guess at it?
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'll be signing up soon for a position as a government shill and de-bunker of misinformation.

Quote:Hearing only conspiratorial accounts of government behavior, their members become even more prone to believe and generate such accounts. Informational and reputational cascades, group polarization and selection effects suggest that the generation of ever-more-extreme views within these groups can be dampened or reversed by the introduction of cognitive diversity.

This is true but also misguided.

Let’s take a look ATS for example. In the 16 or so years I have been visiting there, I have seen some of even the most neutral members become highly polarized to the point of being radicalized by the “cascade” of bias confirming circle-jerking echo chamber nature of the place so I believe the first part of this statement is quite accurate.

However, the government is being foolish to think this trend can be dampened or reversed by the introduction of “cognitive diversity”. From my own experience, that’s a joke. Closed minds only listen to things that reinforce whatever it is they’ve come to believe or whatever groupthink ideology gets the most stars and flags and is the most popular. The circular nature of this grows by feeding on itself and indeed does promote increasingly extreme views and polarization and once that switch has been flipped, it rarely gets switched back regardless of the introduction of alternate views or "cognitive diversity".
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(11-01-2022, 10:23 PM)Freija Wrote: I'll be signing up soon for a position as a government shill and de-bunker of misinformation.

Quote:Hearing only conspiratorial accounts of government behavior, their members become even more prone to believe and generate such accounts. Informational and reputational cascades, group polarization and selection effects suggest that the generation of ever-more-extreme views within these groups can be dampened or reversed by the introduction of cognitive diversity.

This is true but also misguided.

Let’s take a look ATS for example. In the 16 or so years I have been visiting there, I have seen some of even the most neutral members become highly polarized to the point of being radicalized by the “cascade” of bias confirming circle-jerking echo chamber nature of the place so I believe the first part of this statement is quite accurate.

However, the government is being foolish to think this trend can be dampened or reversed by the introduction of “cognitive diversity”. From my own experience, that’s a joke. Closed minds only listen to things that reinforce whatever it is they’ve come to believe or whatever groupthink ideology gets the most stars and flags and is the most popular. The circular nature of this grows by feeding on itself and indeed does promote increasingly extreme views and polarization and once that switch has been flipped, it rarely gets switched back regardless of the introduction of alternate views or "cognitive diversity".

You're probably right, we put the intelligence of Governments far-too high on the savvy list!
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(11-01-2022, 09:46 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 09:29 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: So it turns out (no surprise) the US intelligence cartel has been working intimately with online platforms to regulate the "cognitive
infrastructure" of the population...

...It's called I.I.A. - Interactive Internet Activities. It's basically psychological warfare where they don't inject agents into circles,
just information, mostly false narratives, sprinkled with some truth crumbs in order to gauge specific types of emotions and
responses from people and communities to create a feedback loop.

Limited hangouts, Joe Rogan, Mike Cernovich, Tavistock, godlikeproductions, Alex Jones & Infowars, Peter Thiel-sponsored buddies,
and on & on...

Everyone is involved... they have been for a very long time.
It's finding out who the everyone is, is the problem!

Maybe James Forrestal guess at it?
tinywondering

ONI officer JFK with Secretary Forrestal in 1945 Berlin.
[Image: TouDtcV.jpg]

Agree with ya both. Who the everyone is in 20/20 times impossible to nail down, but who is fronting all this mindwar nonsense and to what endgame purpose? I guess my concern is, what in hell will all this morph into toward the end of this decade? Bizarro brave new world. IDK. We're all stuck in a centrifuge that is spinning faster & faster and what eventually comes out, who knows.

Kybalion Mental transmutation: the art of transforming or changing the condition quality or nature of the mind from one condition to another.
Two steps involved
1. Awareness 2. Inversion

Social media has made people aware of the negative state, the dark. The second step is to polarize that state to the opposite state, the Light, which is a false light.

It's easy to give the mil/intel community such high regard for their supposed super high-tech wizardry, until a 17-year old kid in the Netherlands or Finland completely circumvents their multi-billion dollar techno cognitive security apparatus to shape minds.

Dec 5, 2000...LOL

[Image: pcJcjEO.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.