Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Starship Troopers
Just keeps getting better, ya'll.

[Image: jzoUTt0.jpg]

Quote:The Army’s 82nd Airborne Division has the Immediate Response Force, meant to be able to deploy anywhere, anytime, around the world in under a day. It has seen its fair share of action lately, from a New Year’s Eve deployment to Iraq, to the evacuation of Kabul, to a rapid deployment to Eastern Europe on the eve of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

But how about an even faster quick reaction force, launched on rockets to secure an embassy in just an hour or so?

That’s one far-fetched proposal that the United States Transportation Command is studying, according to documents obtained by The Intercept through the Freedom of Information Act. It’s part of the Defense Department’s partnership with SpaceX, the private space exploration company.

The 2021 midterm report on “space transportation capabilities for the joint force” identifies three case studies for “point to point space transportation,” including one dubbed “embassy support.”

According to the documents, soldiers strapped into a rocket would provide “a rapid theater direct delivery capability from the U.S. to an African bare base,” that “would prove extremely important in supporting the Department of State’s mission in Africa.”

The report also notes that “the ability to demonstrate [point to point] space transportation could deter non-state actors from aggressive acts toward the United States.”

In other words, rocket-launched commandos slipping the surly bonds of Earth and being sent around the world in hours to secure a target.

The embassy scenario and the African setting immediately bring to mind the 2012 attacks on two government facilities in Benghazi, Libya that resulted in the deaths of two Central Intelligence Agency contractors and two State Department officials, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

The report also details two other case studies for the use of rockets, including ”an alternative method for logistics delivery” to the Pacific and the employment of a “deployable air base system including shelters, vehicles, construction equipment and other gear that can be prepositioned around the globe and moved to any place the USAF needs to stand-up air operations.”

If the idea of launching special operations forces around the globe on rockets sounds a little, well, space age, that’s because it is.

“My two cents are that it’s unlikely that they would be able to evacuate anyone quickly via rocket,” Kaitlyn Johnson, deputy director of the Center for Strategic and International Studies’ Aerospace Security Project told The Intercept. “If it’s in a city, it’s not like they can land [a] Starship next to the embassy.”

The report also notes that ”additional details on cost per launch, range of permissible weather conditions for Quick Reaction Force utilization, and ability to redeploy a [point to point] space transportation vehicle were not studied.”

The report also details the myriad of logistical problems that would encumber such a scenario, as well as the potential violations of laws and treaties governing activities in space.

It also notes, though, that “it remains unclear whether and how vehicles are subject to established aviation laws and to what extent, if any, these laws follow them into space for PTP space transportation.”

So why limit oneself to the realm of the possible? With that attitude, you might not get an electromagnetic railgun or artillery with a range of 1,000 miles. “Think about moving 80 short tons, the equivalent of a C-17 payload, anywhere on the globe in less than an hour,” Army Gen. Stephen Lyons, the head of Transportation Command, said in 2020.

In the meantime, any aspiring Space Marines out there are going to have to wait a while to ask their lieutenants how many combat drops they’ve got.
Link to full article.

From "The Intercept" linked above:

Quote:Pentagon Explores Using SpaceX for Rocket-Deployed Quick Reaction Force

U.S. Transportation Command hopes Elon Musk’s SpaceX rockets could prevent the next Benghazi.

The document also nods at another potential hitch: Are other countries going to let SpaceX military rockets drop out of space and onto their turf? The unrealized vision of American “Starship Troopers” is not a new one: As far back as the 1950s, Nazi rocket scientist turned American space hero Wernher Von Braun pondered transporting U.S. troops via rocket, and in the 1960s, defense contractor Douglas Aircraft pitched “Project Ithacus,” a spacecraft carrying 1,200 soldiers to their destination in an hour.

[Image: OE5hP3T.jpg]

Quote:This story originally appeared on March 22, 2015.

“The impact of this application of space technology on the projection of national military power is staggering to contemplate,” Greene said.

But not surprisingly, it was rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun who first tinkered with ballistic troop transports. In 1956, the Army Ballistic Missile Agency — under Von Braun’s direction — proposed to loft an 18-man troop capsule into space with a Jupiter rocket.
But don’t hold your breath. Rocketry is hard. Blasting a battalion of Marines into space and to anywhere on Earth — within minutes — is a lot harder.
War is Boring

You may have heard about this insanity during the Trump administration...

Quote:U.S. Military Partners with SpaceX to Explore Using Starship for Point to Point Travel (Oct 8, 2020)

SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Ill. (USTRANSCOM PR) – While speaking at the National Defense Transportation Association’s Fall Meeting on Oct. 7, U.S. Army Gen. Stephen R. Lyons, commander, U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM), announced USTRANSCOM is looking to space to quickly move critical logistics during time-sensitive contingencies or to deliver humanitarian assistance, helping to project and sustain the Joint Force in support of national objectives.

Speaking at the virtual meeting from the command’s headquarters at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, on Oct. 7, Lyons told the audience about USTRANSCOM’s partnership with Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) and Exploration Architecture Corporation (XArc) to explore this emerging capability of rapid transportation through space.

[Image: 77hIbDp.jpg]
Local startup teams up with SpaceX on space logistics

Quote:In 2007, Space Architect Sam Ximenes founded Exploration Architecture Corporation (XArc). After 20 years of experience in space systems and human space exploration providing products, services, and program management to NASA, DoD, and international space programs he began XArc to service the burgeoning commercial space market, also known as New Space.

Founder and CEO of XArc, Sam currently serves as Board Chair of the WEX Foundation, a non-profit youth-serving organization he founded in 2009 for advancing careers in space exploration through NASA funded Space-STEM education programs.

Future Moon & Mars pioneers...

[Image: yiDMpzC.jpg]
WEX Foundation

[Image: hGKUfDi.jpg]

New Worlds Await You (NWAY) is a STEM engagement program that aims to increase students' interest in STEM and Space Exploration.
@NewWorldsAwait

Starship Troopers, Space Marines, & Ender's Game, we're hitting some serious Sci-fi vibes. The billions that DARPA, US Army, & private Aerospace corps have spent on subterranean mapping/warfare is now making more sense, at least to me. On the flip-side I was thinking this may serve as early beta trials for launching people/payloads from Earth to Moon and Moon to Mars.

Shortly after I joined the Navy when reality set in...My Chief: "Listen kid, it's not just a job, it's an ADVENTURE. Buckle-up!"

NWAY 2022 Lunar Habitat and Technology Design Competition (90 sec clip):

The DOE gave a grant to Bill Gates [TerraPower] company to design a nuclear (fission) reactor for the Moon, to be placed inside a lava tube. Bill got caught red-handed in collaborating with a Chinese military proxy and was forced to terminate partnership. I could on & on with more.

Trigger warning:

"Space Marines are Male only"

[Image: zfMW1Ma.jpg]
Warhammer 40K: The Horus Heresy

Spice it up, Brotherman style...

I am the King, I am the leader of battle and war
I am the Legion, I am the bringer of light
I am the torch, I am the love, I am your sin
Come to me, kneel down for me, one more time

I am the Emperor of the Sun, I am the first and the last
I am the New World Order to come, I am the first and the last
My Kingdom's rising, your world is dying
Within a blink of an eye
I am the Emperor of the Sun, I am the only one

I am the King, I am the leader of Heaven and Hell
I am the Saviour, I am the bringer of death
I am divine, I am the Fire, I am your God!
Come to me, kneel down for me, one more time...

"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(06-24-2022, 08:21 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Just keeps getting better, ya'll.

Quote:The Army’s 82nd Airborne Division has the Immediate Response Force, meant to be able to deploy anywhere, anytime, around the world in under a day. It has seen its fair share of action lately, from a New Year’s Eve deployment to Iraq, to the evacuation of Kabul, to a rapid deployment to Eastern Europe on the eve of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

But how about an even faster quick reaction force, launched on rockets to secure an embassy in just an hour or so?

That’s one far-fetched proposal that the United States Transportation Command is studying, according to documents obtained by The Intercept through the Freedom of Information Act. It’s part of the Defense Department’s partnership with SpaceX, the private space exploration company.

The 2021 midterm report on “space transportation capabilities for the joint force” identifies three case studies for “point to point space transportation,” including one dubbed “embassy support.”

According to the documents, soldiers strapped into a rocket would provide “a rapid theater direct delivery capability from the U.S. to an African bare base,” that “would prove extremely important in supporting the Department of State’s mission in Africa.”

The report also notes that “the ability to demonstrate [point to point] space transportation could deter non-state actors from aggressive acts toward the United States.”

In other words, rocket-launched commandos slipping the surly bonds of Earth and being sent around the world in hours to secure a target.

The embassy scenario and the African setting immediately bring to mind the 2012 attacks on two government facilities in Benghazi, Libya that resulted in the deaths of two Central Intelligence Agency contractors and two State Department officials, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

The report also details two other case studies for the use of rockets, including ”an alternative method for logistics delivery” to the Pacific and the employment of a “deployable air base system including shelters, vehicles, construction equipment and other gear that can be prepositioned around the globe and moved to any place the USAF needs to stand-up air operations.”

If the idea of launching special operations forces around the globe on rockets sounds a little, well, space age, that’s because it is.

“My two cents are that it’s unlikely that they would be able to evacuate anyone quickly via rocket,” Kaitlyn Johnson, deputy director of the Center for Strategic and International Studies’ Aerospace Security Project told The Intercept. “If it’s in a city, it’s not like they can land [a] Starship next to the embassy.”

The report also notes that ”additional details on cost per launch, range of permissible weather conditions for Quick Reaction Force utilization, and ability to redeploy a [point to point] space transportation vehicle were not studied.”

The report also details the myriad of logistical problems that would encumber such a scenario, as well as the potential violations of laws and treaties governing activities in space.

It also notes, though, that “it remains unclear whether and how vehicles are subject to established aviation laws and to what extent, if any, these laws follow them into space for PTP space transportation.”

So why limit oneself to the realm of the possible? With that attitude, you might not get an electromagnetic railgun or artillery with a range of 1,000 miles. “Think about moving 80 short tons, the equivalent of a C-17 payload, anywhere on the globe in less than an hour,” Army Gen. Stephen Lyons, the head of Transportation Command, said in 2020.

In the meantime, any aspiring Space Marines out there are going to have to wait a while to ask their lieutenants how many combat drops they’ve got.
Link to full article.

From "The Intercept" linked above:

Quote:Pentagon Explores Using SpaceX for Rocket-Deployed Quick Reaction Force

U.S. Transportation Command hopes Elon Musk’s SpaceX rockets could prevent the next Benghazi.

The document also nods at another potential hitch: Are other countries going to let SpaceX military rockets drop out of space and onto their turf? The unrealized vision of American “Starship Troopers” is not a new one: As far back as the 1950s, Nazi rocket scientist turned American space hero Wernher Von Braun pondered transporting U.S. troops via rocket, and in the 1960s, defense contractor Douglas Aircraft pitched “Project Ithacus,” a spacecraft carrying 1,200 soldiers to their destination in an hour.

[Image: OE5hP3T.jpg]

Quote:This story originally appeared on March 22, 2015.

“The impact of this application of space technology on the projection of national military power is staggering to contemplate,” Greene said.

But not surprisingly, it was rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun who first tinkered with ballistic troop transports. In 1956, the Army Ballistic Missile Agency — under Von Braun’s direction — proposed to loft an 18-man troop capsule into space with a Jupiter rocket.
But don’t hold your breath. Rocketry is hard. Blasting a battalion of Marines into space and to anywhere on Earth — within minutes — is a lot harder.
War is Boring

You may have heard about this insanity during the Trump administration...

Quote:U.S. Military Partners with SpaceX to Explore Using Starship for Point to Point Travel (Oct 8, 2020)

SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Ill. (USTRANSCOM PR) – While speaking at the National Defense Transportation Association’s Fall Meeting on Oct. 7, U.S. Army Gen. Stephen R. Lyons, commander, U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM), announced USTRANSCOM is looking to space to quickly move critical logistics during time-sensitive contingencies or to deliver humanitarian assistance, helping to project and sustain the Joint Force in support of national objectives.

Speaking at the virtual meeting from the command’s headquarters at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, on Oct. 7, Lyons told the audience about USTRANSCOM’s partnership with Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) and Exploration Architecture Corporation (XArc) to explore this emerging capability of rapid transportation through space.

[Image: 77hIbDp.jpg]
Local startup teams up with SpaceX on space logistics

Quote:In 2007, Space Architect Sam Ximenes founded Exploration Architecture Corporation (XArc). After 20 years of experience in space systems and human space exploration providing products, services, and program management to NASA, DoD, and international space programs he began XArc to service the burgeoning commercial space market, also known as New Space.

Founder and CEO of XArc, Sam currently serves as Board Chair of the WEX Foundation, a non-profit youth-serving organization he founded in 2009 for advancing careers in space exploration through NASA funded Space-STEM education programs.

Future Moon & Mars pioneers...

[Image: yiDMpzC.jpg]
WEX Foundation

[Image: hGKUfDi.jpg]

New Worlds Await You (NWAY) is a STEM engagement program that aims to increase students' interest in STEM and Space Exploration.
@NewWorldsAwait

Starship Troopers, Space Marines, & Ender's Game, we're hitting some serious Sci-fi vibes. The billions that DARPA, US Army, & private Aerospace corps have spent on subterranean mapping/warfare is now making more sense, at least to me. On the flip-side I was thinking this may serve as early beta trials for launching people/payloads from Earth to Moon and Moon to Mars.

Shortly after I joined the Navy when reality set in...My Chief: "Listen kid, it's not just a job, it's an ADVENTURE. Buckle-up!"

NWAY 2022 Lunar Habitat and Technology Design Competition (90 sec clip):

The DOE gave a grant to Bill Gates [TerraPower] company to design a nuclear (fission) reactor for the Moon, to be placed inside a lava tube. Bill got caught red-handed in collaborating with a Chinese military proxy and was forced to terminate partnership. I could on & on with more.

Trigger warning:

"Space Marines are Male only"

[Image: zfMW1Ma.jpg]
Warhammer 40K: The Horus Heresy

Spice it up, Brotherman style...

I am the King, I am the leader of battle and war
I am the Legion, I am the bringer of light
I am the torch, I am the love, I am your sin
Come to me, kneel down for me, one more time

I am the Emperor of the Sun, I am the first and the last
I am the New World Order to come, I am the first and the last
My Kingdom's rising, your world is dying
Within a blink of an eye
I am the Emperor of the Sun, I am the only one

I am the King, I am the leader of Heaven and Hell
I am the Saviour, I am the bringer of death
I am divine, I am the Fire, I am your God!
Come to me, kneel down for me, one more time...

Beam me up Scotty.

tinycool

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-24-2022, 08:21 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Just keeps getting better, ya'll.

Kinda like being catapulted around the back-side of the moon, to mount a careening asteroid bound for Earth... I would imagine.

"Starship Trooper"
By YES

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

None of them fags can compete with the good ole usmc infantry soc q we deploy anywhere in the world in less then 12 hours from continental America, trust me I know what acm is and have been deployed as such aka the presidents own where as as long as daddy says I’m allowed to break other peoples shit without congress and all the bullshit, yeah the fucking marines.
A possible video of the Starship Troopers preparing via physical activity to go out into the Great Beyond?
Plenty of diversity here too.
tinyhuh

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.