Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will You Go Or Will You Stay?
We all know that they are prepping us for "Pay To Say." 

Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media sites have been hankering to get people on the pay for subscription bandwagon for a long time.

I remember when they were battling over the "Internet Neutrality", and was pushing the tier system.

They are going to get their way, one way or another.

They will censor you into oblivion, or force you to pay, to have your say.

Many have been so seduced and addicted to social media, that they will gladly pay.

I am so blessed. All these years that I have been on the internet, very few have  listened to anything I have said. So, paying to say, would be very foolish of me, or very narcissistic.

So when that day comes. I will be ballooned from the web. Just a vague memory in one or two minds. Going back to my gardens, my audio books, and my crossword puzzles.

I will remember each of you fondly, and name a fruit tree after each of you.

So back to planting my pineapples. 

Smile

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I have a Twitter account, but have never found a practical use for Twitter (especially considering any tweets I made there would get censored out of existence), so I never use it anyhow - no way in hell I'd pay for it.

I only use Facebook to message family. Oh, I make the occasional post, but since Facebook put me in Facebook jail, no one sees them and no one reads them, so again, no way in hell I'd pay for it. Doesn't make sense to pay perfectly useful money to a third party so I can yell something no one is ever gonna hear.

But I've got my tobacco plantation to keep me busy offline...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-16-2022, 08:17 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I have a Twitter account, but have never found a practical use for Twitter (especially considering any tweets I made there would get censored out of existence), so I never use it anyhow - no way in hell I'd pay for it.

I only use Facebook to message family. Oh, I make the occasional post, but since Facebook put me in Facebook jail, no one sees them and no one reads them, so again, no way in hell I'd pay for it. Doesn't make sense to pay perfectly useful money to a third party so I can yell something no one is ever gonna hear.

But I've got my tobacco plantation to keep me busy offline...

I don't have any social media. But I would not pay either, to be ignored, or doxxed. 

Got anything else on that plantation?

I will trade you some pineapple, Ponderosa lemons, mangoes, bananas, and some magic fruit, but I don't use tobacco, and the folk around here are more interested in growing a different plant for smoking.
minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers 

If such a drastic act of book-burning takes place and they come in with flamethrowers blazing, I assume
I will end up re-staining Boy In A Dress' shed in Dark Oak again and also pottering with plants too.
Here at Rogue Nation, we're pretty-well safe for now, it's just the custom-made conduits that are feeling
the initial part of the censoring, although I've often wondered if TOS may have been a training-ground for
such blue-pencil restrictions.
tinyhuh

I also believe the limited amount of wordage on these social networking sites was no accident either.
Controversy is much easier to stir-up when one's expression is blunted by the inability of clarification.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
My social media experience is mostly games and keeping up to date with family and friends. But, I have a phone to talk to people like we did in the old days, or just go visit. 

So, a big no, I would not pay. 

As long as I have my music, the internet could just go away and I would be just fine.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Pay-to-Play? Nope. Not me. They can kiss my ass. I don't even have a twit acct. Only here, ATS, and Gab.com.

I can even see the day where you'll have to provide your biometric ID just to get on the Internet. Recall, Elon said he wants to "authenticate" all humans on twitter. Game over for freedom of speech! Welcome to feedum and if you say anything against the establishment we'll freeze your assets.

Regards to tweet "byte" limit of only 280 characters, that I'm quite sure is by design to make it easier to feed & index all those intel databases. Recall Facebook was borne out of DARPA. While at same time this conditions the sheeple to stop reading those boring thesis length papers, articles, & books too. Stop researching those topics, citizen. Less is more. Media whores already been doing it by crafting juicy headlines and few make it past the first paragraph. Emotional Headlines = clicks >> $$$. Whilst, twitter is more about psychological warfare, intel collection, surveillance & corraling sheep into various networks. The same with Facebook.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(05-16-2022, 07:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We all know that they are prepping us for "Pay To Say." 

Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media sites have been hankering to get people on the pay for subscription bandwagon for a long time.

I remember when they were battling over the "Internet Neutrality", and was pushing the tier system.

They are going to get their way, one way or another.

They will censor you into oblivion, or force you to pay, to have your say.

Many have been so seduced and addicted to social media, that they will gladly pay.

I am so blessed. All these years that I have been on the internet, very few have  listened to anything I have said. So, paying to say, would be very foolish of me, or very narcissistic.

So when that day comes. I will be ballooned from the web. Just a vague memory in one or two minds. Going back to my gardens, my audio books, and my crossword puzzles.

I will remember each of you fondly, and name a fruit tree after each of you.

So back to planting my pineapples. 

Smile

I'll stay, but they'll have to pay me to post.

tinysure
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Hell NO!!!
WHAT THE HELL !!
(05-16-2022, 08:27 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't have any social media. But I would not pay either, to be ignored, or doxxed. 

Got anything else on that plantation?

I will trade you some pineapple, Ponderosa lemons, mangoes, bananas, and some magic fruit, but I don't use tobacco, and the folk around here are more interested in growing a different plant for smoking.
minusculebeercheers

Mostly tobacco, but not really smoking tobacco - it's "sacred tobacco", used by Indian medicine men to alter their reality and commune with spirits, as it can be downright hallucinogenic - it's anywhere from 3 to 9 times stronger than smoking tobacco, and can be up to 20 times stronger in some cases. Not for the squeamish smoker.

Hemp did not sprout, and I've tried 3 times now to get some of it to sprout, so I'm hanging hemp up for the year for this year. Poked some beans in the dirt, but they must not have been magic beans, because nothing has sprouted there, either. Quinoa did not sprout, nor did the pampas grass... so mostly tobacco. some rosemary, and some basil, and looking for some mint a little later in the year, maybe some catnip and goosefoot if I can get out there to forage a few growable plants..

But mostly tobacco.

I'm looking at getting some corn and bean seed from the Cherokees for next year. The corn is a flint corn rather than sweet corn, so better for meal, flour, hominy and roasting ears, not so great for traditional corn on the cob.

It's that eclectic and mostly useless to modern folks collection that makes my Hillbilly garden a "weird" one.

Might poke some taters in the ground next year, too. taters have a pretty good return on investment.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-16-2022, 10:25 PM)beez Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 07:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We all know that they are prepping us for "Pay To Say."

Beez ... you're one of the few people who could likely pull that off.
(05-16-2022, 11:08 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 10:25 PM)beez Wrote:

Beez ... you're one of the few people who could likely pull that off.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(05-16-2022, 11:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Mostly tobacco, but not really smoking tobacco - it's "sacred tobacco", used by Indian medicine men to alter their reality and commune with spirits, as it can be downright hallucinogenic - it's anywhere from 3 to 9 times stronger than smoking tobacco, and can be up to 20 times stronger in some cases. Not for the squeamish smoker.

Hemp did not sprout, and I've tried 3 times now to get some of it to sprout, so I'm hanging hemp up for the year for this year. Poked some beans in the dirt, but they must not have been magic beans, because nothing has sprouted there, either. Quinoa did not sprout, nor did the pampas grass... so mostly tobacco. some rosemary, and some basil, and looking for some mint a little later in the year, maybe some catnip and goosefoot if I can get out there to forage a few growable plants..

But mostly tobacco.

I'm looking at getting some corn and bean seed from the Cherokees for next year. The corn is a flint corn rather than sweet corn, so better for meal, flour, hominy and roasting ears, not so great for traditional corn on the cob.

It's that eclectic and mostly useless to modern folks collection that makes my Hillbilly garden a "weird" one.

Might poke some taters in the ground next year, too. taters have a pretty good return on investment.

The mint and the rosemary are growing like weeds. I was trying to wait a bit for the potatoes, because it has been so dry, but I may just have to add them to the list of those that I have to water on schedule.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-17-2022, 03:19 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The mint and the rosemary are growing like weeds. I was trying to wait a bit for the potatoes, because it has been so dry, but I may just have to add them to the list of those that I have to water on schedule.

I've already killed one stand of rosemary this year, so I'm babying the other. My guess is that I over-watered the dead one, as rosemary seems not to get very thirsty and dislikes too much water.

Where I grew up, there was catnip growing all over the place, goosefoot, and an ancient bush of white sage, as well as both spearmint and peppermint growing wild along the creek bank. I went there last fall  and found the catnip and goosefoot, but hadn't taken the proper equipment to bring back whole plants, so I brought back some cuttings, which only survived for a month or a month and a half.

I could not get to the white sage bush because the jungle has taken the site over, and it would take me about a half a day to cut my way to it with a machete (which I also didn't have with me), and after all that I might have only found that it was dead, eaten by the jungle. So I didn't go far enough to look for it.

I found spearmint still growing wild there, but could not find the peppermint, which is what I was mostly after since I can get spearmint starts at Walmart in a pinch, but have not seen any peppermint there.

Since nothing else I have planted from seed has managed to sprout, I'm looking forward to an exciting career as a hallucinogenic tobacco magnate. Not a big call for that, but I have some Indian friends who are interested in getting their hands on some of it from me, so it's all good I reckon. It gives me something to do, keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

There is a girl I was really close to in high school who is now a witch (the real kind, an "old mountain" witch, not the Barnes and Noble variety of pseudo-witch - she got it from her ma, who got it from her ma, etc... and now she has 3 daughters to follow) who grows all manner of her own stuff, so I'm weighing the possibility of getting some stuff from her in exchange for the tobacco, although she has already told me I can have anything out her garden I need. I just wouldn't feel right without leaving something in return.

I’m on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. I look at my Twitter a couple times a month if that. I used to be on Facebook every single day. I’ve cut back, has been a couple of weeks since I’ve been on. I check Reddit maybe once a week. 

I would miss Facebook, as that’s how I communicate with my family and friends, and I have almost 600 friends on Facebook, mostly from my Navy days. I also communicate with my family and friends on Messenger. 

I guess I like social media because I’m a shy introvert. I prefer to talk online or over the phone versus face to face. I am very socially awkward, and like to stick around at home, rather than go out to parties, as I never know who to talk to and what to say. 

So I will stay. I will pay if I have to. I am already on a couple of websites where I pay an annual fee. I don’t mind, as long as it’s not outrageously expensive.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
I use "LINE" to communicate with all my caddies and friends all over the world. Free calls that only require who you are calling to also have a line account. There is free translation from one language to another and seems to work quite well for me. Video calls or just text messages work and is free. No I would not pay for any of the other platforms.
I use social media like Parlor and Gab, as well as forums like this, to catch the headlines before they hit the main stream networks as well as news that has been ignored or censored. I've got a face book account, but I don't use it even though it has some useful groups like the local police scanner clubs.

People on social media post the information I'm looking for and if they aren't there to post it, then I would have to rely on news feeds and search engines that are censored and controlled, not good. So it would be back to my bookmarks, going from website to website to see what they might have, like Zero Hedge, that one's pretty good, or other more extreme websites.
I wont pay for social media. I only use it now to play games and video chat with the kids and grandkids but there are other apps we can use. Anything I can see on FB can be seen elsewhere. I don't use Twitter or Instagram. I think I still have a Parler and a Wimkin account but I'm not sure, quit messing with them because of dirty squirrels and scam artists inundating my inbox. 

So if the "pay to say" scenario comes into being I will do other fun stuff like gardening, reading, painting, wood burning, writing, crochetting, baking, etc. Heck, I even have a quilt top that needs quilting if I get energetic enough.

But I agree with Kdog- as long as I have some music going it's all cool!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(05-17-2022, 05:01 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I wont pay for social media. I only use it now to play games and video chat with the kids and grandkids but there are other apps we can use. Anything I can see on FB can be seen elsewhere. I don't use Twitter or Instagram. I think I still have a Parler and a Wimkin account but I'm not sure, quit messing with them because of dirty squirrels and scam artists inundating my inbox. 

So if the "pay to say" scenario comes into being I will do other fun stuff like gardening, reading, painting, wood burning, writing, crochetting, baking, etc. Heck, I even have a quilt top that needs quilting if I get energetic enough.

But I agree with Kdog- as long as I have some music going it's all cool!

It looks like our numbers will be enough to keep us sane and sustained.

I learned to take advantage of community activities when I lived in Minnesota. I call Minnesota the "Festival State". I guarantee you that anything you can think off, Minnesota has a fair celebrating it. I spent ten times more time outside in Minnesota than I ever have here in Florida.

Though after looking around I found almost every small community has some kind of festival for celebrating something, at least once a month. A few weeks ago a local community had a "Bacon and Bourbon Fest". There is plenty to do locally, if you just look for it, you will find it.

I don't have any social media accounts, outside of RN. I will poke my head into ATS every once in a while to lurk, but it has lost its appeal for me. RN is my refuge and time killer, mostly at work. Being on call means you have to be awake, alert, and read, when that call comes in.

RN is very good distraction for me. It keeps my mind active, and makes me feel like I am doing something more than being a couch potato, just watching TV. If I had to give it all up, I would not feel the effect for very long, because there is just way too much to do. Though most of what I would like to do would not have me response ready. I would have to come in, shower, and dress, before I would be able to hit the road. I already live too far out, to risk that additional amount of response time. So I let RN stave off boredom and sleep.

My mother says that I can make a penny squeal. I admit that when it comes to myself, I am the world's greatest miser. Though I am extremely generous when it comes to others. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would pay any social media site, as much as one penny, a year.

That is just me.

• minusculebeercheers 

(05-17-2022, 05:28 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It looks like our numbers will be enough to keep us sane and sustained.

I learned to take advantage of community activities when I lived in Minnesota. I call Minnesota the "Festival State". I guarantee you that anything you can think off, Minnesota has a fair celebrating it. I spent ten times more time outside in Minnesota than I ever have here in Florida.

Though after looking around I found almost every small community has some kind of festival for celebrating something, at least once a month. A few weeks ago a local community had a "Bacon and Bourbon Fest". There is plenty to do locally, if you just look for it, you will find it.

I don't have any social media accounts, outside of RN. I will poke my head into ATS every once in a while to lurk, but it has lost its appeal for me. RN is my refuge and time killer, mostly at work. Being on call means you have to be awake, alert, and read, when that call comes in.

RN is very good distraction for me. It keeps my mind active, and makes me feel like I am doing something more than being a couch potato, just watching TV. If I had to give it all up, I would not feel the effect for very long, because there is just way too much to do. Though most of what I would like to do would not have me response ready. I would have to come in, shower, and dress, before I would be able to hit the road. I already live too far out, to risk that additional amount of response time. So I let RN stave off boredom and sleep.

My mother says that I can make a penny squeal. I admit that when it comes to myself, I am the world's greatest miser. Though I am extremely generous when it comes to others. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would pay any social media site, as much as one penny, a year.

That is just me.

We have lots of festivals around here, sometimes multiple festivals at the same time. Lots to do in the summer to stay busy, a lot of free outdoor concerts. The river front park is a busy place with festivals of every kind- I just get out of there waaay before dark because the freaks DO come out at night! 

There are festivals we wont be attending this year mainly because admission was free previously but this year many have decided to charge an entry fee. If food, drinks and parking weren't so outrageous already it wouldn't be such a big deal.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(05-17-2022, 03:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I've already killed one stand of rosemary this year, so I'm babying the other. My guess is that I over-watered the dead one, as rosemary seems not to get very thirsty and dislikes too much water.

Yeah, really dislikes wet feet and heavy soils.
I also found it mildews easier than many plants.
I gave up, which is too bad as I really like rosemary.
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.  And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." Frank Herbert, Dune