Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Passenger with ‘no idea how to fly the plane’ makes near-perfect landing after crisis
Explanation: Whoah! ...

Passenger with ‘no idea how to fly the airplane’ makes near-perfect landing during pilot emergency

Video at the source article ok.

Quote:A US aircraft passenger with no flying experience has jumped into the cockpit during his pilot’s medical emergency to land the plane.
He frantically called air traffic control and followed their guidance, before making a near-perfect landing of the Cessna Caravan aircraft.
“I’ve got a serious situation here,” the passenger is heard telling air traffic control, WPBF 25 TV News in Florida reported.

Personal Disclosure: Wow! Any landing you make that you can walk away from is a good landing and this one look great.

Lucky for both of them!

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(05-11-2022, 07:06 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: Whoah! ...

Passenger with ‘no idea how to fly the airplane’ makes near-perfect landing during pilot emergency

Video at the source article ok.

Quote:A US aircraft passenger with no flying experience has jumped into the cockpit during his pilot’s medical emergency to land the plane.
He frantically called air traffic control and followed their guidance, before making a near-perfect landing of the Cessna Caravan aircraft.
“I’ve got a serious situation here,” the passenger is heard telling air traffic control, WPBF 25 TV News in Florida reported.

Personal Disclosure: Wow! Any landing you make that you can walk away from is a good landing and this one look great.

Lucky for both of them!

minusculebeercheers

There’s people in the world that wouldn’t get past the challenge of figuring out how to use the fucking radio lol this persons above the curve alright.
I’d be like “air traffic I’m a passenger on this Fucking airplane and the god damn pilot just died choking on a ham bone. I’m drunk as fuck and need to land this plane and I can’t see straight… the knob which fucking knob there’s three of them… oh that knob…” kaboom!
Pretty amazing when you think about how the 911 terrorists took flight lessons just to learn how to crash a plane into a skyscraper.
Anyone remember the "Barefoot Bandit" story?

What happened to 'Barefoot Bandit' - Not one but three stolen airplanes.  It is believed that he learned how to fly small planes by reading aircraft manuals, handbooks, watching a "How to fly a small airplane" DVD, and playing flight simulator computer games.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(05-11-2022, 07:15 AM)Brotherman Wrote: I’d be like “air traffic I’m a passenger on this Fucking airplane and the god damn pilot just died choking on a ham bone. I’m drunk as fuck and need to land this plane and I can’t see straight… the knob which fucking knob there’s three of them… oh that knob…” kaboom!

Damn, you made me spew seltzer water all over my Ipad! Laughing so hard! Yeah, I read it on the news today, and that guy was amazing! I hope the pilot is alright. Apparently he was still alive, but they wouldn’t say what condition he was in.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(05-12-2022, 01:40 AM)ChiefD Wrote:
(05-11-2022, 07:15 AM)Brotherman Wrote: I’d be like “air traffic I’m a passenger on this Fucking airplane and the god damn pilot just died choking on a ham bone. I’m drunk as fuck and need to land this plane and I can’t see straight… the knob which fucking knob there’s three of them… oh that knob…” kaboom!

Damn, you made me spew seltzer water all over my Ipad! Laughing so hard! Yeah, I read it on the news today, and that guy was amazing! I hope the pilot is alright. Apparently he was still alive, but they wouldn’t say what condition he was in.

I'm still laughing too.

@"Brotherman" you can make the funniest comments.  I'm afraid to respond to you 'over there' ... 'cause I'm not sure if I'm going to suddenly be a badger toy.
(05-12-2022, 01:56 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 01:40 AM)ChiefD Wrote:

I'm still laughing too.

@"Brotherman" you can make the funniest comments.  I'm afraid to respond to you 'over there' ... 'cause I'm not sure if I'm going to suddenly be a badger toy.

It’s not your fault I’m a grumpy asshole.