Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spotify cancelled Neil Young not Joe Rogan
Neil Young told Spotify it was either him or Joe Rogan...bye bye Neil Young...
It is especially amusing to me because other than some new album (that probably sucks) supposedly Neil Young sold the rights to all of his music years ago and couldn't legally pull it from Spotify anyway!

Just another asshole trying to make himself feel relevant again!

As you may ascertain I've never been a fan.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(01-27-2022, 05:22 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: It is especially amusing to me because other than some new album (that probably sucks) supposedly Neil Young sold the rights to all of his music years ago and couldn't legally pull it from Spotify anyway!

Just another asshole trying to make himself feel relevant again!

As you may ascertain I've never been a fan.

Uh,,, smallnotamused ,,,Who is Neil Young  mediumitwasntme
                       smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I've been a Young fan for years, but not anymore. 

He use to stand up for rights and against the government . I guess the shots have programmed him successfully .
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Neil Young was not relevant even way back when, when he was relevant.

"Old Man" - Neil Young telling an old man it was time for him to be replaced by a young man, even as he was shoving the old man aside.

"Southern Man" - Neil Young singing a song about things he had no experience of on either side, nor any knowledge of. Should be classed as "fantasy" rather than "protest". Musically a discordant mess of sour notes, philosophically lacking in substance.

"Rockin' in the Free World" - Neil Young biting the very hand that was feeding his dumb ass. Never a bright idea.

And the list goes on, in a similar vein.

For Neil Young to try to throw more weight around than he actually had to throw is hilarious, and bespeaks the fact that he has a much higher opinion of himself than anyone else does. He is a classic narcissist.  Not only did he have far less weight, influence, and relevance than he thought he did, he tried to use what he thought he had but didn't have in a tyrannical, dictatorial manner. So THAT is what the Children of the Sixties REALLY had in mind!

Haw, haw, haw...

I applaud Spotify for their decision. Don't wait to see if he's gonna make good on his threat, just go right ahead and force him to keep that promise, and let's find out who it's really gonna hurt worse - us or him. No matter that he no longer owned or controlled his own music because he got too damned greedy - no one can force Spotify to carry his crap, and obviously they respected his wishes as a creator regardless of actual ownership. As it turns out, I hope he likes pork and beans and ramen noodles, cause he just lost a lot of grocery money, and no one misses him.

That had to sting a bit.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It's kind of embarrassing. Did he do the math at all? 

Something something a southern man don't need him around anyhow....
(01-28-2022, 04:17 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: It's kind of embarrassing. Did he do the math at all? 

Something something a southern man don't need him around anyhow....

"Well I heard Mr Young
Sing about her
Well I heard ol' Neil
Put her down
Well I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern Man don't need him around
Anyhow"

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It seems Joni Mitchell wants to ride the 'Remember Me' train too!

Quote:Joni Mitchell wants songs off Spotify in Covid row

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10671]

'Singer Joni Mitchell has joined Neil Young in asking for her music to be removed from Spotify over Covid misinformation concerns.
"Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives," the Canadian singer said in a post on her official website.

On Monday, Young said the streaming platform must choose either him, or the podcaster Joe Rogan.
Rogan has been accused of spreading false information about Covid.

In her message on Friday, Mitchell, whose hits include Big Yellow Taxi, said she stands in solidarity with the Canadian-American singer,
Neil Young, and with the "global scientific and medical communities". Neil Young and Joni Mitchell have been friends for many years,
and are both survivors of polio. They both contracted the disease in the early 1950s, not long before a vaccine became available.
Unlike Young, Mitchell did not specifically name Mr Rogan in her post.

However, she did include a link to an open letter signed by a group of scientists and medical professionals, which criticised Spotify
for hosting Rogan's podcast, the Joe Rogan Experience. The letter accuses Rogan of spreading a range of misleading claims, and
provoking distrust in science and medicine. It calls on Spotify to "take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue
to occur on its platform".

Neil Young, who is behind classic hits such as Harvest Moon and Heart of Gold, accused Spotify on Monday of "spreading fake
information about vaccines - potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them".

On Wednesday, Spotify agreed to remove his songs from the platform, and said it hoped he decides to return to the platform soon.
It also defended its record in removing misinformation from the service. "We have detailed content policies in place and we've
removed over 20,000 podcast episodes related to Covid since the start of the pandemic."

The Joe Rogan Experience is Spotify's most popular podcast, with a reported 200 million downloads a month. The streaming platform
is said to have paid $100m (£75m) for rights to it. In the past, Rogan has said he is "not an anti-vax person", and that he believes the
vaccines are safe and encourages many people to get them...'
BBC:

It's nice that the BBC relate Joe Rogan's opinion in the final line of the article!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(01-29-2022, 10:36 PM)BIAD Wrote: It seems Joni Mitchell wants to ride the 'Remember Me' train too!

Quote:Joni Mitchell wants songs off Spotify in Covid row

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10671]
BBC:

It's nice that the BBC relate Joe Rogan's opinion in the final line of the article!

Joni who?

smallrofl 

Ms. Mitchell needs to just kick off her sandals, slap on some patchouli, prop up her feet and spark up a bowl. The best part of being a has-been is finally finding the time to relax and give no shits.

mediumcouchpotato

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10673]

So, um yeah, Spotify is going to stick with someone who is pulling in new users and has about 11 million followers themselves.

Just because one does not agree with what someone else is saying, does not give that person the right to silence them.

Why people these days feel that their opinions trump those with differing views, giving them the feeling of entitlement, wanting to censor those opposing views, is just plain arrogance, shallow minded and selfish.

Damn those snowflakes!!  tinysure

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(01-30-2022, 05:42 AM)senona Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=10673]

So, um yeah, Spotify is going to stick with someone who is pulling in new users and has about 11 million followers themselves.

Just because one does not agree with what someone else is saying, does not give that person the right to silence them.

Why people these days feel that their opinions trump those with differing views, giving them the feeling of entitlement, wanting to censor those opposing views, is just plain arrogance, shallow minded and selfish.

Damn those snowflakes!!  tinysure

'Tis true!

If you believe someone is misinforming someone else, then the proper course of action is to draw them into a debate where you can trash their misinformation and put forth the correct information, setting the record straight.

IF, however, you do not have a valid argument to counter theirs with, and therefore would have to admit they are correct and YOU are spreading misinformation instead, if you are confident THAT is the actual circumstance that would emerge from such debate, then the only course of action you have left is to try to censor them, in order to cover your own tracks.

And that is why I find all this rampant censorship and attempts at censorship to be disturbing. If they had a valid counter argument, they would put it forth . Since they don't, well, I'm confident it is not something they have available in their tool box.

[Image: 09b1a3d3-222cartoon-1-31-22.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Why am I not surprised...https://poptopic.com.au/news/exposed-neil-young-heavily-linked-to-big-pharma-and-pfizer/
Quote:EXPOSED: Neil Young heavily linked to big pharma and Pfizer

Neil Young exposed for being paid by former Pfizer CEO and big pharma after protesting Joe Rogan by pulling his music off Spotify.

It seems former hippie-rocker Neil Young was not being genuine with his protest against Spotify and Joe Rogan; the musician has been exposed for being linked to the big pharma conglomerate Pfizer after slamming Rogan for criticising the vaccine.
https://poptopic.com.au/news/exposed-nei...nd-pfizer/
Simple the truth.
Feel Young and Lonely Mitchell.

Who are they?  Just failed people seeking attention.

Really,

Kind regards,

Bally:)
I read: "Neil Young’s Boycott Miserably Fails, Comes Quietly Crawling Back to Spotify"

Yup, it didn't work did it Mr. Young, you were not as important as YOU thought you were.

Quote:NEIL YOUNG’S MUSIC QUIETLY RETURNS TO SPOTIFY

smallrofl
Quote:Last month, Young removed his library from Spotify after the service refused to censor Joe Rogan. But just a few weeks later, Young’s team quietly reuploaded his music, says FOX Business. That’s what you call an unsuccessful boycott.

Young cried that Rogan was spreading “false information about vaccines — potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation.” He told Spotify it “can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Spotify chose Rogan but added that it hoped Young would return soon. He returned soon, indeed.

It’s all about the Dollars, even washed up musician.
Just another Lunatic Leftist.
[Image: Neil-Young-Joe-Rogan-200x115.jpeg]
@"guohua" 

The Almight Dollar told him, "Kneel, Dung".

tinybiggrin

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(02-17-2022, 06:05 PM)guohua Wrote: I read: "Neil Young’s Boycott Miserably Fails, Comes Quietly Crawling Back to Spotify"

Yup, it didn't work did it Mr. Young, you were not as important as YOU thought you were.

smallrofl
Quote:Last month, Young removed his library from Spotify after the service refused to censor Joe Rogan. But just a few weeks later, Young’s team quietly reuploaded his music, says FOX Business. That’s what you call an unsuccessful boycott.

Young cried that Rogan was spreading “false information about vaccines — potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation.” He told Spotify it “can have Rogan or Young. Not both.”

Spotify chose Rogan but added that it hoped Young would return soon. He returned soon, indeed.

Well!

I reckon the prospect of living out his days living on ramen noodles and frozen burritos adjusted his revolutionary attitude for him!

(02-17-2022, 08:19 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 06:05 PM)guohua Wrote: I read: "Neil Young’s Boycott Miserably Fails, Comes Quietly Crawling Back to Spotify"

smallrofl

Well!

I reckon the prospect of living out his days living on ramen noodles and frozen burritos adjusted his revolutionary attitude for him!

It's hard for me to trust celebrities. Joe Rogan watched Conner MacGregor not even connect his punch, only to "knock out" his opponent and lost his mind like it actually happened and was amazing to him...his show is also very scripted and he claims it's not...but the reality is there...have you ever noticed that he always "knows a secret" about every guest and they're always so "shocked" and they go, omg how did you know that? Dude every single interview I have ever seen from Nardwaur to Hot Ones has that exact same shtick. Have you also noticed that literally every single guest always raves on about how intelligent Rogan is? 

The dude's a fuckin shill in my opinion. He had Alex Jones on his show and I don't trust that guy either, bigtime disinformationalist! And every time he's on the show he tells Joe that he knows what kind of man he really is and how smart he really is and Rogan gets all defensive and is like "No bro...I love you bro but I'm just a big dumb musclehead!" Fuck Joe Rogan.

And fuck Neil Young too. How DARE YOU write songs about how fucked up the world is and how poor the people are only to fly around from show to show in a private jet because who has time for cars? I think the entire entertainment industry is totally fucked! Lots of diddlers and killers and pedophiles and rapists all covering each others asses.