Ready to talk about my experience at Chaco Canyon
[Image: Chaco-5.jpg]

[Image: Chaco-4.jpg]

[Image: Chaco-3.jpg]

[Image: Chaco-2.jpg]

remove duplicate text

[Image: Chaco-1.jpg]

[Image: Chaco-6.jpg]

This will most likely be very long, please bear with me.

Well, it has been around 2 months since we visited Chaco Canyon as part of our big 2021 road trip and I think I am finally ready to talk a little bit about the strange things I experienced there. Kdog can confirm the things I'm going to talk about here as I described my feelings and insights as they were occurring.

First let me explain a few things that may or may not relate. From early childhood I have been somewhat sensitive to things that most others would simply brush off as their imaginations playing tricks on them. At times some of these things can be terrifying but sometimes they can be beautiful. Because the terrifying has always outweighed the beautiful I try to block out these experiences as much as I possibly can and have done so for many years- though sometimes nothing I do can prevent them. Such was the case with Chaco Canyon.

The drive into the canyon is treacherous. We entered from the south entrance (there are only 2 roads in and out of the canyon, both the most horrible roads we have experienced). It took well over an hour to travel the 20 mile road and even at that extremely slow pace it did severe damage to our SUV. The road passes through nothing but desert and mesas and is extremely isolated to the point we actually discussed the fact that we were glad we were fully packed for self-sufficient camping in case we broke an axle and had to wait many days for assistance as there was no phone signal at all and drove through many miles of nothing but canyons before even reaching the road into Chaco.

As we traveled down the incredibly bumpy dirt road we joked and laughed, enjoying each other's company and the scenery. We couldn't even get a radio channel to come in. Then all of a sudden about a third of the way in it hit me. Out of the blue I was overwhelmed with emotion! The only thing that even comes close to describing it is that it felt like I was experiencing every emotion I had ever felt in my entire life all at once. At first I didn't even realize that tears were streaming down my face and when I glanced at the side mirror I had seriously "ugly crying face". Suddenly I heard a male voice that said to me "You belong here. You are finally home." It startled me but I was not frightened. I started telling Kdog what I was experiencing and he asked if I was okay and if he needed to turn around and get me out of there. I said I was okay and to keep driving.

A few miles down the road the emotions hit me again. This time I heard what sounded like a small group of people, male and female but with a female voice being loudest. Once again I heard "You belong here. You are finally home." As I felt the tears run down my face I again explained to Kdog what was happening. It stopped as suddenly as it began but then something else happened. To our right there appeared a small flock of birds just sitting in the sand. As we passed the birds took flight and flew alongside our vehicle for several miles. It was unusual because we were traveling at barely above an idle due to how bad the road was and I wondered how they were able to fly so slowly. We both thought it was really cool. To note: During the entire trip I had several strange encounters with birds and kept finding feathers nearly everywhere we traveled. Maybe just coincidence.

The birds peeled off as we finally neared the visitor center with its paved road and parking lot- thank goodness for pavement! We parked at the visitor center and for  minute just sort of looked around the immediate area, taking it in. Again I was hit with emotion but this time was different. I told Kdog that something really, really bad had happened there. I felt that a whole lot of people were killed, not just died but murdered. I told him I didn't know if they were human sacrifices or if they were eaten but that whatever happened it was horrible. I had read a few things in the past that were sketchy about Chaco Canyon but had never put stock in any of it as history and archeology get things wrong more often than anyone will admit but once I was standing there the feelings I experienced convinced me that the tales were nowhere near as horrifying as what actually happened there. I don't have words to explain how I knew this, I just knew with every cell in my body.

Skip ahead to us walking in at the tail end of a museum worker's presentation (there is a small museum in the visitor center). He was telling everyone that while Chaco Canyon is a historical and active archeological site that it is a completely personal human  experience and that many people experience all sorts of feelings there with most of the people feeling that extremely evil things happened there and actually brought up cannibalism and human sacrifice! Kdog and I looked at each other with our eyes wide as saucers and I felt the hair stand up on my neck and arms.

The story continues with a room in Pueblo Bonita that I could not even force myself to enter and a brief vision of people being pushed down a chute into one of the in-ground pit/arena? things but this has run too long already. I will say that while this was extremely disturbing it is not the strangest part of our trip, not even in the top two, but hopefully we can talk about other incidents another time. 

Most people refer to a "trip of a lifetime" every time they go on vacation but for Kdog and I our road trip really was exactly that in every sense of the phrase! Hopefully I will be able to tell more of our adventure soon. The trip has changed me in ways I can't explain and it is hard to find the words to relate our experiences to others.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
What an experience! I got chills reading it.

I’ve felt emotions in some places but I’ve never like that. I almost think I would have to just turn around and go home. I spook pretty easy when it comes to anything paranormal happening around me. It’s strange as my mom says I used to talk to things she couldn’t see and tell her I could see them but she can’t. Then it was like a switch flipped and I was scared. I don’t know why and I don’t even remember any of that happening. I just remember being scared a lot.

That looks like a very interesting place and I’m so glad you posted pics and shared your story. I wonder if they wanted people to know what had happened to them and were glad someone came along that they could tell it to. 

I’m glad that you and Kdog  had such a nice time together on your trip and I really hope you tell us more  of those adventures!
(09-15-2021, 07:48 PM)VioletDove Wrote: What an experience! I got chills reading it.

I’ve felt emotions in some places but I’ve never like that. I almost think I would have to just turn around and go home. I spook pretty easy when it comes to anything paranormal happening around me. It’s strange as my mom says I used to talk to things she couldn’t see and tell her I could see them but she can’t. Then it was like a switch flipped and I was scared. I don’t know why and I don’t even remember any of that happening. I just remember being scared a lot.

That looks like a very interesting place and I’m so glad you posted pics and shared your story. I wonder if they wanted people to know what had happened to them and were glad someone came along that they could tell it to. 

I’m glad that you and Kdog  had such a nice time together on your trip and I really hope you tell us more  of those adventures!

We recorded more video than took pictures but I haven't uploaded them to anywhere but FB, too lazy I guess plus I'm not really a Youtube uploader anyway. There were parts of Chaco we did not get to see due to being in the middle of a dangerous heatwave and the hiking involved- we saw young people just returning from the hike that looked like they were about to collapse of heat stroke and our old behinds knew better than to risk it at that time. I hope one day we can visit Chaco Canyon again as I'd really love to see what I would experience in the areas we didn't visit. Thanks for taking time to listen!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 
WoW!  tinybighuh

We've never been there just because of what you mentioned and have not mentioned yet that you experienced.
Yes, I've heard stories two of my husbands friends who have been there and unwisely camped in the area, she was scared to death and said she could smell Death.
She wasn't told by the Spirits what you were, they didn't welcome her home.
That makes me wonder if one of your past lives was spent there and suffered the same terrible, terrible end.

I am sorry for your frightening experience, but I can not wait to read more.
Stay Strong  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-15-2021, 08:42 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 
WoW!  tinybighuh

We've never been there just because of what you mentioned and have not mentioned yet that you experienced.
Yes, I've heard stories two of my husbands friends who have been there and unwisely camped in the area, she was scared to death and said she could smell Death.
She wasn't told by the Spirits what you were, they didn't welcome her home.
That makes me wonder if one of your past lives was spent there and suffered the same terrible, terrible end.

I am sorry for your frightening experience, but I can not wait to read more.
Stay Strong  minusculeclap

I believe it could be possible that maybe I existed there in another time but even if I suffered a horrible fate I have to hope that it went down that way. If I ever felt that I had been one of those who were doing unspeakable things to others I'm not sure I could live with myself.

Though strange and sad I would not trade the experiences I had at that place. I feel that it was important for some odd reason. Maybe at some point in the future it will be revealed to me, at least I hope it is. 

We went there with every intention of camping for a few days but the heatwave was much stronger than our intent. Maybe it was better that it worked out that way. 
I'm glad I don't get overwhelmed like that. It would be bound to be frustrating. Let me know ahead of time if you ever go back. I'll send something to take with you and leave for Them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It was definitely a fun trip. And a strange one indeed. I am not sensitive like she is, but I was amazed by the building techniques that they used. One room I went into , the way it was built, felt like it had air conditioning, at least 20 degrees cooler. My girl would not go in it, though.   I was amazed with the place and it left me asking more question then I had when I arrived.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(09-16-2021, 02:41 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm glad I don't get overwhelmed like that. It would be bound to be frustrating. Let me know ahead of time if you ever go back. I'll send something to take with you and leave for Them.

Roger that, just as long as it isn't something that would piss any spirits off. I don't need anything following me home with an attitude! 
(09-16-2021, 03:31 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 02:41 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm glad I don't get overwhelmed like that. It would be bound to be frustrating. Let me know ahead of time if you ever go back. I'll send something to take with you and leave for Them.

Roger that, just as long as it isn't something that would piss any spirits off. I don't need anything following me home with an attitude! 

It won't, assuming they are Native American Spirits, and not Evil Spirits. It may piss off Evil Spirits, but they will be too scared to act up, in spite of that anger. You'll just have to trust me on that for the time being. They sure as hell won't follow you anywhere at all, much less home.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It would be interesting to take peyote there... and perhaps it would reveal.....
I love to hear about your experiences. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait for the rest. Glad you guys has a safe trip.

I would venture to say the Native American history is just as brutal as any place else in the world. I don't know why the whole sunshine and rainbows thing still permeates coffee table history about the matter.
(09-17-2021, 02:33 AM)PLOTUS Wrote: It would be interesting to take peyote there... and perhaps it would reveal.....

LOL! I think I will leave that for the younger folks!
(09-17-2021, 07:46 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I love to hear about your experiences. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait for the rest. Glad you guys has a safe trip.

I would venture to say the Native American history is just as brutal as any place else in the world. I don't know why the whole sunshine and rainbows thing still permeates coffee table history about the matter.

It was a crazy trip! A ghost in a motel, an emergency dentist, a fallout with a crazy tranny, attack of the flies, the craziest hail storm ever, UFO encounters in two different states, a scary bear story, close encounter with elk, a half white buffalo, multi-state weed sampling, insane new agers... Chaco Canyon is just the tip of the iceberg!

It is extremely hard to find the words to describe many things we experienced but I'm hoping eventually they come. When they do RN will read it first!
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

"attack of the flies"

That would work for the pig-farming capital of Limon, Colorado.

Sounds like you had a good trip.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 
Ok, Ok, yes the Fallout with the Tranny has my Curious and the Ghost you encountered. Was it a Tranny Ghost?  smallroflmao
(09-17-2021, 04:58 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 
Ok, Ok, yes the Fallout with the Tranny has my Curious and the Ghost you encountered. Was it a Tranny Ghost?  smallroflmao

@"GeauxHomeLittleD"  Yes... good question. And did it float or mince across the ground?
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Let me just say that I would happily help this particular tranny in his transition to become a ghost and would not feel in the least bit guilty about it!
(09-17-2021, 05:05 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:

Let me just say that I would happily help this particular tranny in his transition to become a ghost and would not feel in the least bit guilty about it!

smallrofl That Bad Huh?
(09-17-2021, 07:46 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I love to hear about your experiences. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait for the rest. Glad you guys has a safe trip.

Yup. All indications are that it was a pretty rough life, and rainbows and unicorns were in short supply.

A tribe out west is alleged to have trapped a race of red haired giants in a cave, and burned their entire tribe to death.

Shawnees tell a tale of having eradicated an entire tribe that they called "Azgens" from Kentucky, An entire tribe, POOF! Gone.

And that is not to mention to continual raiding and endemic warfare between tribes that was a matter of daily life. Things like "The Beaver Wars" where the Iroquois claim to have conquered multiple tribes and taken over their lands made the history books whether they ever really happened or not, but the countless minor actions of raid and counter raid were too numerous and common place to get a mention.

Archaeology in this area can actually watch the progression of native America inter-tribal warfare. We have old, old village sites that have no discernible protection, and then at a particular point in time, palisade walls and hilltop villages become a thing all of the sudden, when warfare between tribes became a serious problem - and that happened before white folks even entered the picture. The first Englishmen arrived to find villages that already had their palisades in place. 

Spaniards attacked a village at Saltville or Chilhowie, VA, in 1567, and burned it to the ground, killing as many of it's inhabitants as they could find. The Powhatan Indians returned the favor in 1572, and utterly destroyed a Spanish Jesuit mission near Yorktown, VA (in what the Spaniards called "Ajacan" or "Axacan"), ending Spanish aspirations to conquer North America, and opening the door for the later British invasion thereof. 

The first English colony at Roanoke in NC simply vanished, never to be heard from again. The NC Indians, a scant 16 years before the Roanoke attempt, completely destroyed 6 Spanish forts in NC, SC, and possibly East Tennessee, killing all of the Spaniard defenders of those forts except one, who lived to escape and tell the tale. Entire garrisons of Spanish soldiers put to the fire.

Nope, Walt Disney's version of an idyllic paradise in pre-columbian America is a fantasy, and never was.

ETA: - I have to wonder if there is any correspondence between the Shawnee tale of the Azgens, and the Powhatan destruction of Ajacan... there does seem to be a linguistic similarity there, and both of those tribes were in the Algonquian language group.

Oh, I forgot he/she. fake boobs in a dress with a beard and hairy legs. He/she is the son of an actor that was on the movie Breaking Bad and is a lawyer. Let's just say he called the cops on our 10 year grand daughter for assault . He/she is very lucky it did not get ghosted when I was there.  tinyangry tinyangry tinyangry minusculebonker
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere