Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your guns and the gun grab
I have begun to have my doubts that the Constitution will stop some of the idiots who get elected to public office.

I do wonder if some POTUS with the stroke of a pen made a law (for our children of course) and said turn them in how many law abiding citizens would not want the hassle of becoming a felon. Talk is cheap and chest beating certainly is preferable to the real thing of having to think this is the last day I will be free to hunt or go to the gun range... and now I have become a criminal if I do not do what they say....

Supposedly the military can not be used as law enforcement regardless of what happened in New Orleans and Katrina (or the Bonus army) ... So the answer is to arm and equip the police like a light infantry brigade. Killer Robots and probably Killer drones to follow... Yep nothing to see here .... I just hope many have closed their ears to the stupidity that comes out of some of our politician's mouths... I do believe there are states that would tell the feds screw you...

Funny I live in a country that we could purchase and own a fire arm.. Never felt a need for one here even though way down south the religion of peace likes to blow stuff up and shoot people on a monthly basis..

In the states I have had a CHL for a very long time and when I return to the states I never leave where we are staying without a 9mm or 45 that I keep there.. I do not walk in the shadow of fear nor do I usually walk in the lane of stupid either. A life's choice that has served me well.

Again I just wonder how many law abiding gun owners would honestly say "No" and mean it and be ready to use force for their beliefs ?
In the footage, if she was genuine -and not the spoilt brat that got her pony, she'd have
appreciated that she'd been perceived as stealing someone's property and immediately
handed the poster back.

But she didn't. She went into this 'I'm a yapping princess' manoeuvre and fled the scene.
The police understanding the 'softeness' of the situation, followed behind and were careful
not to rock the boat.

Check out her stance at the end, I'd wager that's the petulant look she gave her daddy when
she borrowed the Mercedes.

Gun-control...? Nah, this is about disarming the peasants.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I've thought long and hard about this sort of thing, and here is the conclusion I have come to:

I'm an old man now. Not many more years left in me, anyhow, so a lot less left to lose. Now to be honest, when I was younger, I didn't much care if I lived or died, either, and now perhaps a bit less so, having less time left anyhow. So, yup, if they were to come for my guns, I'd fight. All I'd ask for is the ability to get more of them than they can get of me in the fray, so if they sent more than one guy after me, it's just about a guaranteed win for me whether I died in the fracas or not.

Who wants to live forever, anyhow? That would be bound to get boring after a century or two. Long as I can take a few companions with me on the road to hell, I'm good with that.

Given the current turn of events, I doubt they'll come for at least another year or two, probably longer.

As far as the"being made an instant felon" goes, I can't imagine giving less of a shit about that than I do now. Doesn't bother me in the least to ignore stupid folk and their stupid "laws" which fly in the face of the supreme law of the land. Far as I'm concerned, those laws are null and void, having been preceded and superseded by the Constitution. I've been that way all my life, and carried what I damned well pleased whenever and wherever I damned well pleased, since no one on God's green Earth has the authority to require me to be "permitted". I simply ask no man's permission to exercise the rights God and nature gave me.

Of course, the bastards may kill me, but I doubt they'd eat me... and if they did, I'd already be dead and not know anything about it, anyhow, so who really cares?

Problem solved.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-01-2017, 08:19 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I've thought long and hard about this sort of thing, and here is the conclusion I have come to:

I'm an old man now. Not many more years left in me, anyhow, so a lot less left to lose. Now to be honest, when I was younger, I didn't much care if I lived or died, either, and now perhaps a bit less so, having less time left anyhow. So, yup, if they were to come for my guns, I'd fight. All I'd ask for is the ability to get more of them than they can get of me in the fray, so if they sent more than one guy after me, it's just about a guaranteed win for me whether I died in the fracas or not.

Who wants to live forever, anyhow? That would be bound to get boring after a century or two. Long as I can take a few companions with me on the road to hell, I'm good with that.

Given the current turn of events, I doubt they'll come for at least another year or two, probably longer.

As far as the"being made an instant felon" goes, I can't imagine giving less of a shit about that than I do now. Doesn't bother me in the least to ignore stupid folk and their stupid "laws" which fly in the face of the supreme law of the land. Far as I'm concerned, those laws are null and void, having been preceded and superseded by the Constitution. I've been that way all my life, and carried what I damned well pleased whenever and wherever I damned well pleased, since no one on God's green Earth has the authority to require me to be "permitted". I simply ask no man's permission to exercise the rights God and nature gave me.

Of course, the bastards may kill me, but I doubt they'd eat me... and if they did, I'd already be dead and not know anything about it, anyhow, so who really cares?

Problem solved.

Hopefully with the new POTUS we will not have to worry about this crap for at least his first term and maybe his second term..
(07-01-2017, 08:19 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I've thought long and hard about this sort of thing, and here is the conclusion I have come to:

Problem solved.

I do Not believe one word of this post needs to be changed to reflect my own outlook.

If 'they' come for the guns ... they better get mine first.  If I make it up the hill over yonder ... anyone who comes upon behind me is gonna pay.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Tragically, I lost all my pistols and rifles in a horrible boating accident. . . . . . . 

. . . . . . . Next month.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-08-2020, 02:26 AM)beez Wrote: Tragically, I lost all my pistols and rifles in a horrible boating accident. . . . . . . 

The key is to have a few registered ones....

Let them come take them....

Then round up the neighbors, get your real guns out and go take back your registered ones.

Along with the ones that they don't seem to need anymore.

minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

(07-08-2020, 02:36 AM)Lumenari Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:26 AM)beez Wrote: Tragically, I lost all my pistols and rifles in a horrible boating accident. . . . . . . 

The key is to have a few registered ones....

Let them come take them....

Then round up the neighbors, get your real guns out and go take back your registered ones.

Along with the ones that they don't seem to need anymore.

minusculebeercheers

My gunsmith I go to is a vet.

We all "network" about issues.

Current events.

tinyangry
-Abraham Lincoln
I've thought about this often, and the best answer for me is, I'd fight that shit tooth and nail. 

An armed populace is the only thing keeping the government somewhat in check at the end of the day.

I realize I could die.  Easily.  But I'd much rather have my children grow up knowing their father fought for their guaranteed rights and died, than be around having let them down when I could have done something about it.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

i sold all mine to some dude named JD Smith IV, he showed me a California drivers license and said he was moving to DC.
(07-08-2020, 03:17 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

i sold all mine to some dude named JD Smith IV, he showed me a California drivers license and said he was moving to DC.

Just as long as he wasn't wearing a pig mask and making a side trip to Vegas.

tinywhat
-Abraham Lincoln
I dont have a gun, and if honest I dont want one. But like most people in my country I do know how to shoot.
(07-08-2020, 11:06 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I dont have a gun, and if honest I dont want one. But like most people in my country I do know how to shoot.

Let us both hope you never need one.  minusculebeercheers
If they come for your guns people , and , offer a buy back do as my brother in law did here in Australia . People were selling guns at stupid prices and he bought them all , well not all but you get what i mean . Made a killing as the govt paid out new gun prices from memory . And he still has guns .
Explanation: My Guns eh? To be honest I don't have any at all!

I obey the laws that say I am not allowed to touch guns at all .. and unless my dad wants me to shoot rabbits on the 100acres of land they own using his shotguns or rifles, I have no need for any guns where I live in suburbia in the city Canberra as most people are not armed at all ... not even knives!

However I am not stupid and I know the martial arts [judo and jujitsu] my father taught me and the bushido/bujinkan I learned for myself. I prefer to use a tessan/fan technique when grappling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_fan ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessenjutsu

I am smart enough to stay away from trouble areas and obvious overt troublemakers ... and I am insane old and wild enough to scare most people most of the time by my mere presence and I only need to speak a bit before I terrify most people ... it also says I bite others on my medical files ...and I telegraph that information widely. LOL

I am also super smart enough to know that most weapons are dual use ... and hence concealable and or not overtly obvious weapons.

Such as ninja blinding powders called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metsubushi

And such as this African style solid plastic walking stick by ColdSteel ... https://www.coldsteel.com/african-walkin...ng%2bstick
, since Australians are allowed a 6ft long 1.5inch thick walking stick by common law.

Plus I'm a genius when it comes to checkmating people and I did Covid19 using off the shelf gene technology and nobody has done squat about that in regards to me and that EMBOLDENS me no end.

I need no army ... I AM THE GODDAMNED ARMY! And I will take on the gun grabbers here ruthlessly. But there is not much need for that nowadays as 10% of all Aussies own guns and thats all that need them ... mostly farmers. They outnumber Oz's armed forces and Oz only sends it special forces to do grunt work anymore. If you are a normal soldier they get you rebuilding communities under the engineers corps discretion and orders.

Personal Disclosure: This is my rifle and this is my gun and my rifle is for fighting an my gun is for fun!

I love playing paintball when I can afford to do so with some mates of mine. Its taught me both that I am expendable and will most likely die in the first 5mins of an armed conflict due to my aggressive nature and that I can hold my own under intense fire and not freeze up and to act as best I can in destroying the enemy. I lead charges and I can order my fellow warriors to follow my lead when required. I used a semiautomatic Tipman with a long barrel extension and full 300 psi air canisters [20 atmospheres] and 600 paintball round hopper with oversized trigger guard allowing two finger trigger action for maximum firepower rate ability.

When the shit hits the fan there is some who flee and then there is those that run towards the danger ... I do the former until its impossible but to do the 2nd and when that time and place occurs for me I shall unleash the monster within me and woe betide whoever gets in my way. I AM A GODDAMNED WEAPON WITH TOOTH AND CLAW and when I attack people physically I MUST DRAW BLOOD just like a Ghurka when they draw their kurkuri knife, before I think of standing down.

If I could choose any job in the armed forces it would be ARTILLARY because I love accurate long distance indiscriminate area effect firepower and if I could not do artillary I would be a mortar man.

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(07-08-2020, 01:36 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: My Guns eh? To be honest I don't have any at all!

I obey the laws that say I am not allowed to touch guns at all .. and unless my dad wants me to shoot rabbits on the 100acres of land they own using his shotguns or rifles, I have no need for any guns where I live in suburbia in the city Canberra as most people are not armed at all ... not even knives!

However I am not stupid and I know the martial arts [judo and jujitsu] my father taught me and the bushido/bujinkan I learned for myself. I prefer to use a tessan/fan technique when grappling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_fan ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessenjutsu

I am smart enough to stay away from trouble areas and obvious overt troublemakers ... and I am insane old and wild enough to scare most people most of the time by my mere presence and I only need to speak a bit before I terrify most people ... it also says I bite others on my medical files ...and I telegraph that information widely. LOL

I am also super smart enough to know that most weapons are dual use ... and hence concealable and or not overtly obvious weapons.

Such as ninja blinding powders called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metsubushi

And such as this African style solid plastic walking stick by ColdSteel ... https://www.coldsteel.com/african-walkin...ng%2bstick
, since Australians are allowed a 6ft long 1.5inch thick walking stick by common law.

Plus I'm a genius when it comes to checkmating people and I did Covid19 using off the shelf gene technology and nobody has done squat about that in regards to me and that EMBOLDENS me no end.

I need no army ... I AM THE GODDAMNED ARMY! And I will take on the gun grabbers here ruthlessly. But there is not much need for that nowadays as 10% of all Aussies own guns and thats all that need them ... mostly farmers. They outnumber Oz's armed forces and Oz only sends it special forces to do grunt work anymore. If you are a normal soldier they get you rebuilding communities under the engineers corps discretion and orders.

Personal Disclosure: This is my rifle and this is my gun and my rifle is for fighting an my gun is for fun!

I love playing paintball when I can afford to do so with some mates of mine. Its taught me both that I am expendable and will most likely die in the first 5mins of an armed conflict due to my aggressive nature and that I can hold my own under intense fire and not freeze up and to act as best I can in destroying the enemy. I lead charges and I can order my fellow warriors to follow my lead when required. I used a semiautomatic Tipman with a long barrel extension and full 300 psi air canisters [20 atmospheres] and 600 paintball round hopper with oversized trigger guard allowing two finger trigger action for maximum firepower rate ability.

When the shit hits the fan there is some who flee and then there is those that run towards the danger ... I do the former until its impossible but to do the 2nd and when that time and place occurs for me I shall unleash the monster within me and woe betide whoever gets in my way. I AM A GODDAMNED WEAPON WITH TOOTH AND CLAW and when I attack people physically I MUST DRAW BLOOD just like a Ghurka when they draw their kurkuri knife, before I think of standing down.

If I could choose any job in the armed forces it would be ARTILLARY because I love accurate long distance indiscriminate area effect firepower and if I could not do artillary I would be a mortar man.

minusculebeercheers

how about being a gunner on a AC-130U Spectre, best of  accurate long distance indiscriminate, (well not so much indiscriminate) area firepower.40mm, 105mm cannons and 25mm Gatling gun. it can even fire missiles from the wings or out the rear door.