Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
POTUS Steps Up For the American People Again!
Yesterday our favorite POTUS worked his magic again and cut the cost of much needed medicines, especially for the seniors.

Quote:Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump7:09 AM · Jul 25, 2020
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]
Level 1:
Yesterday I signed four measures that will massively reduce the prices of prescription drugs, in many cases by more than 50%. Nothing like this has ever been done before because Big Pharma, with its vast power, would not let it happen. Expensive Insulin went from big dollars.....

...to virtual pennies. Epi-pens went from their incredibly high, jacked up prices, to lower than their original give away bargains. Biggest price reductions in history, by far! Nothing like this has ever for our citizens, especially our Seniors. REMEMBER YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT!

I love our President!   tinyinbiglove This is a really big deal!   minusculeclap  

I wonder how it will work in practice.  The grifters won't give up their illicit income easily.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-25-2020, 04:58 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Yesterday our favorite POTUS worked his magic again and cut the cost of much needed medicines, especially the seniors.

Quote:Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump7:09 AM · Jul 25, 2020
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]
Level 1:
Yesterday I signed four measures that will massively reduce the prices of prescription drugs, in many cases by more than 50%. Nothing like this has ever been done before because Big Pharma, with its vast power, would not let it happen. Expensive Insulin went from big dollars.....

...to virtual pennies. Epi-pens went from their incredibly high, jacked up prices, to lower than their original give away bargains. Biggest price reductions in history, by far! Nothing like this has ever for our citizens, especially our Seniors. REMEMBER YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT!

I love our President!   tinyinbiglove This is a really big deal!   minusculeclap  

The dangerous thing about this is, Trump is actually doing what all other politicians just talk about doing.

tinywhat
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-25-2020, 05:03 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I wonder how it will work in practice.  The grifters won't give up their illicit income easily.

Cheers

Unfortunately I have seen too much government magic on paper that never translated into a real worthwhile benefit for the common folk. 

I lived and worked in the government all my life. From civil service to the military, and back to State and local. I wish I could actually believe it will make it pass go, but in over 40 years I have seen little the government has done that the people didn't end up paying for, and not just in money.

Please notice I did not say it has never, and I did not say anything about Trump. The ills of our government have been in the works long before Trump, and I don't expect him to wave a magic wand. 

The powers in control are way too entrenched and powerful, to be easily casted off by one man or one election. 

Strictly my opinion based on my personal experience.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Let's see how long it takes the Biden Campaign to have Joe announce he will be lowering drug prices for Americans !!

To date, Joe has "announced" several "plans" that have already been implemented by Trump !!

What a screw-up Biden's Campaign is  tinylaughing tinycool

Most of the bullshit is coming from screw head advisor Symone Sanders  smalllol
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

I also think POTUS has good intentions with these EOs.  I think, though, that the devil for the consumers will be in the details.  Your comments reinforce my skepticism.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-25-2020, 05:45 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Please notice I did not say it has never, and I did not say anything about Trump. The ills of our government have been in the works long before Trump, and I don't expect him to wave a magic wand. 

The powers in control are way too entrenched and powerful, to be easily casted off by one man or one election. 

Strictly my opinion based on my personal experience.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn",

You forget who you're talking about.   tinylaughing 

While I certainly respect the effort becaus, believe it or not, both left and right wing people are literally dying waiting for this relief (in the "greatest country" mind you), I'm not entirely confident this will ultimately fix any systemic issues. 

No comment from the peanut factory about greatest/favorite president  tinylaughing

Will it work?
(07-26-2020, 03:39 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: While I certainly respect the effort becaus, believe it or not, both left and right wing people are literally dying waiting for this relief (in the "greatest country" mind you), I'm not entirely confident this will ultimately fix any systemic issues. 

No comment from the peanut factory about greatest/favorite president  tinylaughing

Will it work?

There are so many loop holes in these EOs that they hold as much water as a fish net. I didn't have to read too far to see my arch nemesis CMS mentioned. It appears these orders are another attempt to bring the pharmaceutical companies to the bargaining table, to negotiate for a reduction in their pricing. It made the suggestion that if an agreement is not made, the government will open up and allow the import of cheaper drugs from Canada and other countries for use in the US. This is a huge can of worms that by itself, will then set the scene for numerous, long and protracted law suits.

The pharmaceutical companies are not going to bend over. They hold all the cards and they own too many of the principle players. It looks good on paper and it is a great gesture, but there is very little chance the American people will ever see any true benefit from it.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on Trump. My opinion on this particular matter comes from many years of working in medical management. I worked in the belly of the beast, and I sacrificed so many pounds of my flesh to get my patients what they needed, until all that was left of me was bones. So yes, this rubs all my raw spots.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-26-2020, 12:49 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 03:39 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: While I certainly respect the effort becaus, believe it or not, both left and right wing people are literally dying waiting for this relief (in the "greatest country" mind you), I'm not entirely confident this will ultimately fix any systemic issues. 

Will it work?

There are so many loop holes in these EOs that they hold as much water as a fish net. I didn't have to read too far to see my arch nemesis CMS mentioned. It appears these orders are another attempt to bring the pharmaceutical companies to the bargaining table, to negotiate for a reduction in their pricing. It made the suggestion that if an agreement is not made, the government will open up and allow the import of cheaper drugs from Canada and other countries for use in the US. This is a huge can of worms that by itself, will then set the scene for numerous, long and protracted law suits.

The pharmaceutical companies are not going to bend over. They hold all the cards and they own too many of the principle players. It looks good on paper and it is a great gesture, but there is very little chance the American people will ever see any true benefit from it.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on Trump. My opinion on this particular matter comes from many years of working in medical management. I worked in the belly of the beast, and I sacrificed so many pounds of my flesh to get my patients what they needed, until all that was left of me was bones. So yes, this rubs all my raw spots.

I agree 100% with the loophole comment, that's why I hate when presidents tout their EOs as an actual accomplishment. Not all of them are bad or meaningless, but they are a temporary (and often litigated) piece of paper that rarely have any affect on what they are trying to fix. 

This is why the focus shouldn't be on what a president does or doesn't do (any president), it should be aimed squarely at congress for sitting on their damn hands and not doing anything. Squabbling in their chambers like children.