Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Okay, which is it, Health or Food??!!
Actually, Both!  tinydrroling

Yes, I believe the Gods (Aliens) or the Ancient Ones, put everything on this Planet for a reason and one of those reasons was to be a benefit to their Human, Slaves / Pets.
Yes, you and me.
[Image: 59a69a9f93dc6c7c623edeae2878dcfd6f8f2e0d_0.jpg]  
Your friend and mine,,,,,, the Cockroach!
Quote:Papa roach: Chinese farmer breeds bugs for the table
Actually, they are called American Cockroaches tinylaughing
Quote:As farmer Li Bingcai opened the door to his cockroach farm in southwest China, an insect the size of a dart flew into his face.

Picking the critter off his forehead, he tossed it back into the dark room where some 10 million more of its kind scurried around, housed in wooden frames perched on shelves.

The six-legged creatures may be a bugbear for most, but Li and other breeders in China are turning them into a niche business.
Some sell cockroaches for medicinal purposes, as animal feed or to get rid of food waste.

Li breeds them for something else: food for human consumption.

A restaurant down the road from his small facility fries them up in famously spicy Sichuan sauce for the gutsier eaters.

"People don't believe how good it is until they try some," Li told AFP, putting a live one into his mouth as others crawled all over the place and people visiting.

Known colloquially as American cockroaches, the Periplaneta americana is one of the largest species and are consumed for a variety of ailments: stomach ulcers, respiratory tract problems, and even simply as a tonic.

"The greatest effect of cockroaches are that they have great immunity, which is why humans will absorb its benefits after eating them," Li said, noting that in China cockroaches are dubbed "Little Strong" because they can live for days even after being cut in half.

Tucked at the edge of bamboo-covered mountains in Yibin, Li's facility is a nondescript single-storey former farmhouse surrounded by crop fields and livestock farms.

The breeding area is roughly the size of a badminton court, with windows sealed off with netting to prevent any great escapes.

Security is paramount: In 2013, some one million cockroaches escaped a farm in eastern Jiangsu province roamed free after their greenhouse was destroyed.
- Health benefits? -

Li's cockroaches live between the spaces of square wooden frames that are held together by pipes and stored in racks lining two rooms. The place is kept warm and humid, leaving a smell reminiscent of damp clothes.

Feeding time causes a frenzy -- as Li heaps a mix of ground corn, fruit and vegetable peelings on small trays, the insects suddenly swarm the platforms, crawling over each other.

"We breed them in a hygienic environment. They eat proper food -- nothing synthetic," he said.
Source
Quote:Chinese Scientists Discover Cockroach As Ingredient To Treat Oral Ulcer
Yes.

Quote:Chinese scientists are taking a close look at cockroaches to explore their potential in medical treatment.
The research is led by Li Sheng, director of the Institute of Insect Science and Technology at South China Normal University in Guangzhou City.
Based on previous studies on the German cockroach by foreign researchers, Li’s team has been focusing on the genetic code of the American cockroach.

According to Li, a cockroach has as many as 522 taste receptors, 329 of which have evolved into bitter receptors that respond to poisonous foods.

Li said: “they eat almost everything. They can do self-detoxification if they eat the wrong food.

“Even if it is beheaded, its body can still move for five or six days. If you cut its legs or antennae off, they will recover in just a few days and look almost the same as before.”

He suggested that the factor in the body of cockroaches that helps them heal wounds and regenerate tissue might also be effective in repairing wounds to the human body.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
After my survival training I have a basic rule about food. "If its moving me not eating it"
Scientifically, it makes sense that humans could benefit from eating them, but the thought...   minusculepuke
@"Wallfire"  & @"Mystic Wanderer" 
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[Image: flying.gif?resize=483%2C367] But, I know the feeling, even being born and raised in China, I don't eat Cockroaches, never have.
But then I have seen them used with Herbal Medicine and the use of boiled or steamed cockroaches that are dried and crushed are in many of my Herbal Books.

I am more opted to use Steam / Dried Black Ants for certain remedies, like,,,, Hair Loss or darkening Graying Hair.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]