Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bullet casing change
For the last 150 years (or there about) the bullet casing has not changed... This may be a game changer
It'll be interesting to see if the Arms Dealers go for this, I was surprised by the amount
of weights mentioned in the video.

Also, it makes you wonder about how much brass has been used up over the years.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I would think that the residue in the firing chamber or even the barrel would clog things up, like the gas return tube or even the firing pin.
JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-24-2017, 01:33 PM)guohua Wrote: I would think that the residue in the firing chamber or even the barrel would clog things up, like the gas return tube or even the firing pin.
JMHO

Always a problem I agree.. I do not know why this would be a dirtier round than what is being used presently though... When I first saw the round I was thinking feed problems but they fixed that by a different method of chambering.. Anyway interesting .... I also liked the idea of a heavier round than the 5.56 but still having the weight savings due to the lighter casing..
(07-25-2017, 12:41 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 01:33 PM)guohua Wrote: I would think that the residue in the firing chamber or even the barrel would clog things up, like the gas return tube or even the firing pin.
JMHO

Always a problem I agree.. I do not know why this would be a dirtier round than what is being used presently though... When I first saw the round I was thinking feed problems but they fixed that by a different method of chambering.. Anyway interesting .... I also liked the idea of a heavier round than the 5.56 but still having the weight savings due to the lighter casing..
I know the Germans tried it in the 60's through to the early 80's.
You're right, a heaver round would be better.
JMHO

So your alive and kicking? 

Good..
They slow .... back in wwII japan had an aircraft mounted 40mm that fired caseless rounds ....  then back in the 80s FN had both an smg and pistol that fired caseless rounds .... and from hk in the 80s the G11 fired caseless rounds . .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(07-25-2017, 04:30 PM)Grace Wrote:
JMHO

So your alive and kicking? 

Good..
All stories of my demise are propaganda and fake news... Unless I really am computer generated and do not know it ???
(08-29-2017, 03:37 PM)727Sky Wrote: All stories of my demise are propaganda and fake news... Unless I really am computer generated and do not know it ???

A friend of mine on another forum died, because of locale (that which I remembered) I worried that person might have also been you.  I came to make certain you were alive, as a result.

:)

I'm glad your alive ..
(08-30-2017, 12:18 AM)Grace Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 03:37 PM)727Sky Wrote: All stories of my demise are propaganda and fake news... Unless I really am computer generated and do not know it ???

A friend of mine on another forum died, because of locale (that which I remembered) I worried that person might have also been you.  I came to make certain you were alive, as a result.

I'm glad your alive ..
Sorry to hear about your Friend,,, Grace, That is really Sad.

OH,,, Grace, 727Sky is Alive and Kicking That Golf Ball into the hole when he misses that easy putt.  smallgreendancer 
I am sure his Sweet Wife Would Kill Him, if He Died Before She Gave Him permission to! 
Like Myself, My Husband Wouldn't Dare Die Before I Approved it!   :smallimpatient:

You know,,, Being A Wife,,,, We're In-charge,,,,  tinylaughing
(08-30-2017, 12:55 AM)guohua Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 12:18 AM)Grace Wrote:

I'm glad your alive ..
Sorry to hear about your Friend,,, Grace, That is really Sad.

OH,,, Grace, 727Sky is Alive and Kicking That Golf Ball into the hole when he misses that easy putt.  smallgreendancer 
I am sure his Sweet Wife Would Kill Him, if He Died Before She Gave Him permission to! 
Like Myself, My Husband Wouldn't Dare Die Before I Approved it!   :smallimpatient:

You know,,, Being A Wife,,,, We're In-charge,,,,  tinylaughing

Thank you for your condolences..

So true and I'm the same as you in this regard as well... Ninurta does NOT have my permission to die before me.. we have an understanding on the topic already!