Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syria Bombing. Your Opinion?
This whole bombing in Syria thing has brought out so many different opinions of why Trump gave the order, it's quite complicated to really know what is going on.

I would like to hear the opinion of others on this topic.

First, right after the news came out that Assad had used chemical weapons on his own people, there was a video of Trump saying we could not allow Assad to kill the innocent children. Lots of videos were showing dead children to pull at the public's heart strings to make them stand behind the the President's decision to attack.

Then, after Pres. Trump ordered the air strike, we had articles coming out saying it was a false flag event:

WikiLeaks: Proof U.S. Orchestrated Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

Some say Trump did it to send a message to China:

https://youtu.be/eAQtej2LhMg

Others say Trump was lied to and a coo has taken place in Washington.  Was this Trump's "Bay of Pigs moment"?

https://youtu.be/PaScCoY84pM

I have seen a few videos of Syrians thanking Trump for taking a stand against Assad. Could these have been actors to lead the masses down a false narrative, or was Assad REALLY harming his own people?

Here is just one of the videos (click on picture):

Hillary was quoted saying, "I really believe we should have and still should take out his air fields and prevent him from being able to use them to bomb innocent people and drop sarin gas on them."   Source

So... has President Trump played into the hands of the Neocons, or is Assad really as bad as some citizens of that country are reporting?

There were reports that Trump spoke with Putin and Assad, and maybe others too, before sending in the bombs. This brought out the articles saying Trump was only doing it to show his/our power to other countries, and all them are working together to hide a secret agenda.
Is it all about the oil?

Alex Jones breaks it down on what he thinks is going on here:

But then, yesterday Alex came out with the latest, in which he seems to change his perspective:

https://youtu.be/Tj4h99lIZ84

Now, we have Putin saying if we do one more thing, he will retaliate against the U.S.

https://youtu.be/pH581zBGZ0E

We know Putin doesn't bull shit, so is this a REAL threat, or is he just playing along?

I'm confused about what's going on. I've seen posts on Face Book where people are saying Trump is no longer their President.  Of course, we know there are many government agents out there who put up false articles to sway the public's opinion, so...

I hope President Trump knows what he's doing, I really do! 

DON'T LET US DOWN MR. PRESIDENT!  WE VOTED YOU IN BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT WWIII!

What do you think is really going on?
Trump was fed a load of bullshit ...... believed it .... the rest is now history .....  handy tip boys and girls ..... anytime someone says its for the children your about to get fucked .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(04-10-2017, 04:04 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Trump was fed a load of bullshit ...... believed it .... the rest is now history .....  handy tip boys and girls ..... anytime someone says its for the children your about to get fucked .....

Sadly, I think you may be right.  I'm hoping against all odds there is more going on behind closed doors that we aren't aware of.

Hmmm... I wonder what's going on in Antarctica right now?   minusculethinking
@"BIAD", I'm borrowing your video from your post:

This is a MUST SEE video from a journalist in Canada about how Western media lies about Syria. .

LINK
(04-10-2017, 04:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 04:04 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Trump was fed a load of bullshit ...... believed it .... the rest is now history .....  handy tip boys and girls ..... anytime someone says its for the children your about to get fucked .....

Sadly, I think you may be right.  I'm hoping against all odds there is more going on behind closed doors that we aren't aware of.

The penguins are mating .....  otherwise nothing going on in antarctica .....

(04-10-2017, 04:58 PM)Daitengu Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 04:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

The penguins are mating .....  otherwise nothing going on in antarctica .....

Thank you for that in-depth report @Daitengu.   tinylaughing
You know, Trump seems to be stumbling a lot. Maybe he's taken to drinking or something. He got us out of the TPP (or DID he?), and that was a good thing - a campaign promise apparently fulfilled. Then it all started sliding downhill after that.

He'd promised to get rid of Obamacare, and utterly and completely failed. He failed so hard it left a crater. First they tried the old bait-and-switch and attempted to shift it from "get rid of" to "repeal and replace", which is not what we voted for... but still, it would have been a promise half-fulfilled. He couldn't even get there, and at the first sign of trouble just shrugged and walked off from it. Didn't even put up a token fight. Now, personally I don't care of they repeal, replace, recycle, rejuvenate, repurpose, relate, regulate, regurgitate, or relegate Obamacare. I don't care what they do with it at all... just as long as they get rid of that unconstitutional and totalitarian "individual mandate" that tries to force you into Obamacare for simply committing the crime of being alive. Without that, I just don't give two shits about Obamacare - as long as I'm not forced to participate in it, which I find to be unconscionable and morally reprehensible. I don't care if they take it into the back yard and set it on fire with gas, and I don't care if they put it on the mantelpiece to collect dust. If I'm not enslaved into it, I don't give a fat rat's ass what they do with it.

Still, he utterly, completely, dismally and WILLFULLY failed to keep that campaign promise, which is one of the biggies that got his ass elected in the first place. It's why I voted for him. I want my vote back - he's abusing it.

Now - and this is another biggie, the subject of the thread -  he also promised to keep us safe from ISIS, and he's utterly and completely failing at that, too. You don't win a war by putting up a token resistance to your enemy and then bombing the crap out of the only other folks trying to ace that same enemy too. They call those folks "natural allies", and it's considered bad form to blow them up when "trying to win" a war. At the very least, if he had a beef with Russia or Syria, he ought to have let them slog it out with ISIS, and then mopped up the considerably weakened victor of THAT contest, not handed ISIS a victory by splitting up their opposition and then causing that split opposition to attack itself. That is a "divide and conquer" strategy handed to ISIS with a bow and wrapped in some My Little Pony gift wrapping paper. He ought to send them some chocolate and flowers to go along with it.

He fell right into place with the "Assad Did It" crowd without any analysis whatsoever - just bought the bullshit they were selling, and even paid extra for royalty fees on the "It's for the children" buzz line they always use when they're bending you over the barrel to pop it to you.

If he's looking for another vote here in 2020, he'd damned well better get with the program, and I mean really, REALLY soon. If he fucks up just one more time, that vote is going to be irretrievable to him. I'll vote for a card-carrying communist first - at least you know what you're getting there, and there won't be any bait-and-switch shenanigans.

Now, I'm starting to wonder what the hell we've actually gotten with Gorsuch, given Trump's record of being unable to pick winners, and I'm also starting to wonder when the other shoe is going to drop with the "departure" from the TPP... I'm waiting for Trump to just pop up and yell "JUST KIDDING! It's all really still there!"

I just don't know at this point whether to brush up on my Arabic or my Spanish, because with the race that's being run, I don't know which he is going to invite to invade us in force first.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-12-2017, 06:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You know, Trump seems to be stumbling a lot. Maybe he's taken to drinking or something. He got us out of the TPP (or DID he?), and that was a good thing - a campaign promise apparently fulfilled. Then it all started sliding downhill after that.

He'd promised to get rid of Obamacare, and utterly and completely failed. He failed so hard it left a crater. First they tried the old bait-and-switch and attempted to shift it from "get rid of" to "repeal and replace", which is not what we voted for... but still, it would have been a promise half-fulfilled. He couldn't even get there, and at the first sign of trouble just shrugged and walked off from it. Didn't even put up a token fight. Now, personally I don't care of they repeal, replace, recycle, rejuvenate, repurpose, relate, regulate, regurgitate, or relegate Obamacare. I don't care what they do with it at all... just as long as they get rid of that unconstitutional and totalitarian "individual mandate" that tries to force you into Obamacare for simply committing the crime of being alive. Without that, I just don't give two shits about Obamacare - as long as I'm not forced to participate in it, which I find to be unconscionable and morally reprehensible. I don't care if they take it into the back yard and set it on fire with gas, and I don't care if they put it on the mantelpiece to collect dust. If I'm not enslaved into it, I don't give a fat rat's ass what they do with it.

Still, he utterly, completely, dismally and WILLFULLY failed to keep that campaign promise, which is one of the biggies that got his ass elected in the first place. It's why I voted for him. I want my vote back - he's abusing it.

Now - and this is another biggie, the subject of the thread -  he also promised to keep us safe from ISIS, and he's utterly and completely failing at that, too. You don't win a war by putting up a token resistance to your enemy and then bombing the crap out of the only other folks trying to ace that same enemy too. They call those folks "natural allies", and it's considered bad form to blow them up when "trying to win" a war. At the very least, if he had a beef with Russia or Syria, he ought to have let them slog it out with ISIS, and then mopped up the considerably weakened victor of THAT contest, not handed ISIS a victory by splitting up their opposition and then causing that split opposition to attack itself. That is a "divide and conquer" strategy handed to ISIS with a bow and wrapped in some My Little Pony gift wrapping paper. He ought to send them some chocolate and flowers to go along with it.

He fell right into place with the "Assad Did It" crowd without any analysis whatsoever - just bought the bullshit they were selling, and even paid extra for royalty fees on the "It's for the children" buzz line they always use when they're bending you over the barrel to pop it to you.

If he's looking for another vote here in 2020, he'd damned well better get with the program, and I mean really, REALLY soon. If he fucks up just one more time, that vote is going to be irretrievable to him. I'll vote for a card-carrying communist first - at least you know what you're getting there, and there won't be any bait-and-switch shenanigans.

Now, I'm starting to wonder what the hell we've actually gotten with Gorsuch, given Trump's record of being unable to pick winners, and I'm also starting to wonder when the other shoe is going to drop with the "departure" from the TPP... I'm waiting for Trump to just pop up and yell "JUST KIDDING! It's all really still there!"

I just don't know at this point whether to brush up on my Arabic or my Spanish, because with the race that's being run, I don't know which he is going to invite to invade us in force first.

Thank you for replying @Ninurta.  

As for the Obama Care Repeal, I just saw that they are still working on a repeal or replace plan, so I don't think Trump just "walked off".
That's good news.  

Quote:House Freedom Caucus chairman Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) tells Breitbart News exclusively that he expects House Republicans will unite around common principles and pass an Obamacare repeal and replace bill that lowers premiums for Americans soon—delivering President Donald Trump a major victory in the Congress’s lower chamber.
Meadows, a pro-Trump conservative leader in the House who stuck with the president throughout the entire campaign, is confident that renewed negotiations—with the help of senior White House officials—with House GOP leaders and House Republican moderates is likely to produce real results in the House.

Meadows told Breitbart News on Tuesday afternoon:

“I’m optimistic that we’ve at least found some potential common ground. Conservative requests and those from those that represent districts that may have a more moderate constituency don’t want to suggest anything other than the discussions have been extremely good over the last 72 hours and the pre-existing conditions that must be addressed on behalf of the president and certainly most members of our GOP conference including myself, that issue is where we’re working very diligently to make sure we cover it in the legislation but then we also cover it in a number of ways whether it be through a risk-sharing pool or through a guaranteed issue provision that’s out there.

“So, we still believe providing waivers at the state level from many of the Obamacare mandates that drive up costs might be a real path forward so I would say that conversations between moderates and conservatives are very constructive and it’s been due in no small part to the active involvement of the White House and leadership in trying to make sure we get a good bill—a better bill—going forward over to the Senate.”

Source

Now to the Syria incident...

Alex Jones had Michael Savage on his show yesterday, and he feels the same way as you, me, and a whole bunch of others, and he's planning on meeting with Trump to tell him.  Alex said the President likes Savage and listens to his opinion, so maybe he can get through to him.

Here is a video of yesterday's show with Savage, starting at the 3:54 mark.

https://youtu.be/tywf1AmxuYo?t=3m54s

Let's hope SOMEONE can get through to President Trump before the Neocons take us under! tinycrying
Here we have yet ANOTHER reporter telling a different story about the Syria chemical attack.             You won't see this on MSM!

U.S. Intelligence Source: Syria Chemical Weapons Attack Launched From Saudi Base

Quote:Award-winning Iran-Contra journalist Robert Parry says the chemical weapons attack in Syria was launched from a joint Saudi-Israeli special operations base in Jordan, according to his intelligence sources.

U.S. intelligence analysts determined that a drone was responsible for the attack and “eventually came to believe that the flight was launched in Jordan from a Saudi-Israeli special operations base for supporting Syrian rebels,” according to the source.
“The suspected reason for the poison gas was to create an incident that would reverse the Trump administration’s announcement in late March that it was no longer seeking the removal of President Bashar al-Assad,” writes Parry.

As we highlighted back in 2013 after another chemical weapons attack in Ghouta that was blamed on Assad, rebels freely admitted to Associated Press correspondent Dale Gavlak that they had been given the weapons by Saudi Arabia but had “handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions.”
Parry’s background lends the information credibility. He covered the Iran-Contra scandal for the Associated Press and Newsweek and was later given a George Polk award for his work on intelligence matters.
The contention that the incident was a “false flag” to create a justification for air strikes has also been voiced by former Congressman Ron Paul as well as numerous other prominent voices, including Vladimir Putin himself, who went on to warn that rebels could now stage a similar incident in Damascus to goad the U.S. into toppling Assad.
Whoever was responsible for the attack does not take away from the horror of the event and the fact that innocent people and children died.
Parry dismissed the four page report released by President Trump’s National Security Council that blames the Syrian government for the chemical attack as being heavy on assertions but lacking actual evidence.
The white paper states, “we cannot publicly release all available intelligence on this attack due to the need to protect sources and methods,” although as Parry points out, “In similarly tense situations in the past, U.S. Presidents have released sensitive intelligence to buttress U.S.
government assertions, including John F. Kennedy’s disclosure of U-2 spy flights in the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis and Ronald Reagan revealing electronic intercepts after the Soviet shoot-down of Korean Airlines Flight 007 in 1983.”

Parry challenged the Trump administration to make its evidence publicly available, while also questioning why both CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats were not show in a photo released by the White House which shows the President and a dozen of his senior advisers monitoring the April 6 missile strike from a room at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

“Given President Trump’s spotty record for getting facts straight – he and his administration should go the extra mile in presenting irrefutable evidence to support its assessments, not simply insisting that the world must “trust us,” concludes Parry.

Source

Your thoughts?   minusculethinking
The attack on Syria is a tactic to deflect from #Russiagate #TrumpRussia - smoke and mirrors.

Plain and simple.

Oh, and Russia was informed of the upcoming event several hours before the attack.
(04-13-2017, 01:34 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: The attack on Syria is a tactic to deflect from #Russiagate #TrumpRussia - smoke and mirrors.

Plain and simple.

Oh, and Russia was informed of the upcoming event several hours before the attack.

The Russian were informed in accordance with the established deconfliction line, Trump did not Notify Putin.
Quote:The U.S. and Russia agreed to observe so-called deconfliction channels years ago to ensure neither one accidentally attacks the other as they stake out opposite sides of the Syrian civil war.

Notifying the Russians of the impending attack, then, is keeping with that memorandum, which was first announced in 2015.

"Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line" a pentagon spokesperson told CNBC Thursday. "U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield."

Source
From 2015:

Quote:Obama tells Pentagon to open channel of communication with Russia on Syria
A day after an Obama-Putin summit at which the White House said it had reached “clarity” on Russian intentions in Syria, Barack Obama’s defense chief instructed his staff to establish a communication channel with the Kremlin to ensure the safety of US and Russian military operations.
Source
More Propaganda from the left MSM, they run around with out even Fact Checking why something was done.
But look at their members that follow them, they are Spoon Feed By the MSM thinking these so called news reporters know anything. They Don't, their job is to Push Forward The Agenda! 
Keep the Sheeple Ignorant Of The Facts as to Why Something is Done in a Certain Way (like contacting the appropriate Lasion in Russia), that they don't agree with.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@guohua I am afraid we are going to have to agree to disagree on this.  You see all MSM news as fake news because Trump says so, but there is just so much evidence against this administration, and it is not fabricated.

Facts are facts, and saying the MSM is pushing an agenda is an opinion that you are entitled to, and if you wish to deny facts so be it.  And I am entitled to hold a differing opinion, and assess facts for myself.

How can someone defend a person who remembers what he had for dessert the previous night but doesn't even know which country he bombed.
OK, but I see all MSM as nothing more than the Progressive liberal means to Brain-Wash the Public.
Pushing the Democrat Agenda and Anti anything the Fly-Over States Support.
I'm afraid I have to stand with Guohua here. "Trumpgate" and "Russiagate" are non-starters. I've no idea why they were pounded, as I've no clue how much Russia weighs. There just ain't no "there" there. I, Guohua, and a few others here fought the Cold War, when it was a real war, and I for one have no concept of why the left is trying to heat it up again and get it started all over. We beat the piss out of Russia, and then beat them for pissing. There's no reason I can fathom to beat them any more. They're not Soviets any more, and I for one choose to move on, recognizing that Russia is no longer a danger to us.

The danger to us is ISIS and their ilk, and it makes nary a whit of sense to alienate the other folks who are trying to put them down like rabid dogs too. Why are folks insisting on continuing to fight last century's battles, battles which have already been won, and failing to face the new battles this century is presenting?

Other, much closer dangers are folks like John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Chuck Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi. I've watched them, one by one, fall into line behind Trump 1000% since he bombed Syria - and that after spending months trashing him and trying to block his every move  -  and have to wonder just what that is all about. What I don't wonder is the source of the idea to bomb the good guys. Just watch them line up to glad-hand Trump now in his egregious error, and know what the source is. It's there for anyone with eyeballs to see.

Of course we told Russia we were coming calling with explosives. To do it any other way, violate our agreements, and piss Russia off even more would have been not just suicidal, but highly stupid. Take it from me, they have no sense of humor at all when you try to kill them. Now the Russians, on their way out the gates, also told the Syrians, who promptly and wisely flew their birds to another air field. This means that not only was the bombing stupid, it was also useless... EXCEPT for the propaganda victory it handed ISIS. Mark my words, the next issue of "Rumiyah" is going to be all about how Allah blinded the infidels, the enemies of Allah, and turned them against each other. That, sir of a bona-fide victory for ISIS, pumps up their Allah's rep points, and it's going to go poorly from here on  out if Trump doesn't figure out who the enemy is and get serious about fighting them like he means it.

I think those tomahawks cost 3 mil or so per. If we launched 60 of them, as reported, that was a 180 million dollar victory we gave ISIS. Might as well just have cut 'em a check to fund their propaganda organs and saved the missiles for a rainy day. What's next? Give the sons of bitches a press office of their own in DC?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-13-2017, 07:04 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm afraid I have to stand with Guohua here. "Trumpgate" and "Russiagate" are non-starters. I've no idea why they were pounded, as I've no clue how much Russia weighs. There just ain't no "there" there. I, Guohua, and a few others here fought the Cold War, when it was a real war, and I for one have no concept of why the left is trying to heat it up again and get it started all over. We beat the piss out of Russia, and then beat them for pissing. There's no reason I can fathom to beat them any more. They're not Soviets any more, and I for one choose to move on, recognizing that Russia is no longer a danger to us.

The danger to us is ISIS and their ilk, and it makes nary a whit of sense to alienate the other folks who are trying to put them down like rabid dogs too. Why are folks insisting on continuing to fight last century's battles, battles which have already been won, and failing to face the new battles this century is presenting?

Other, much  closer dangers are folks like John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Chuck Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi. I've watched them, one by one, fall into line behind Trump 1000% since he bombed Syria - and that after spending months trashing him and trying to block his every move  -  and have to wonder just what that is all about. What I don't wonder is the source of the idea to bomb the good guys. Just watch them line up to glad-hand Trump now in his egregious error, and know what the source is. It's there for anyone with eyeballs to see.

Of course we told Russia we were coming calling with explosives. To do it any other way, violate our agreements, and piss Russia off even more would have been not just suicidal, but highly stupid. Take it from me, they have no sense of humor at all when you try to kill them. Now the Russians, on their way out the gates, also told the Syrians, who promptly and wisely flew their birds to another air field. This means that not only was the bombing stupid, it was also useless... EXCEPT for the propaganda victory it handed ISIS. Mark my words, the next issue of "Rumiyah" is going to be all about how Allah blinded the infidels, the enemies of Allah, and turned them against each other. That, sir of a bona-fide victory for ISIS, pumps up their Allah's rep points, and it's going to go poorly from here on  out if Trump doesn't figure out who the enemy is and get serious about fighting them like he means it.

I think those tomahawks cost 3 mil or so per. If we launched 60 of them, as reported, that was a 180 million dollar victory we gave ISIS. Might as well just have cut 'em a check to fund their propaganda organs and saved the missiles for a rainy day. What's next? Give the sons of bitches a press office of their own in DC?

I do not think there is a cold war about to take place, but there are so many financial links between high up officials in Trump's administration that there are concerns about that.  There has also been huge amounts of contact during the election between people in his administration, and at the minute this is under investigation by the FBI

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/po....html?_r=0
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

I know that some people will say it is a witch hunt out to topple Trump, but the truth will out.  We are not dealing with "alternative facts", they are "facts".
1984hasarrived
(04-13-2017, 07:04 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm afraid I have to stand with Guohua here. "Trumpgate" and "Russiagate" are non-starters. I've no idea why they were pounded, as I've no clue how much Russia weighs. There just ain't no "there" there. I, Guohua, and a few others here fought the Cold War, when it was a real war, and I for one have no concept of why the left is trying to heat it up again and get it started all over. We beat the piss out of Russia, and then beat them for pissing. There's no reason I can fathom to beat them any more. They're not Soviets any more, and I for one choose to move on, recognizing that Russia is no longer a danger to us.

Other, much  closer dangers are folks like John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Chuck Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi. I've watched them, one by one, fall into line behind Trump 1000% since he bombed Syria - and that after spending months trashing him and trying to block his every move  -  and have to wonder just what that is all about. What I don't wonder is the source of the idea to bomb the good guys. Just watch them line up to glad-hand Trump now in his egregious error, and know what the source is. It's there for anyone with eyeballs to see.

I do not think there is a cold war about to take place, but there are so many financial links between high up officials in Trump's administration that there are concerns about that.  There has also been huge amounts of contact during the election between people in his administration, and at the minute this is under investigation by the FBI

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/po....html?_r=0
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

I know that some people will say it is a witch hunt out to topple Trump, but the truth will out.  We are not dealing with "alternative facts", they are "facts".

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn  ......... whatever lah ......

I had to disagree with you 1984justarrived.
Russian Gate had nothing to do with this Presidential Election.

My husband says, like Ninurta said, the KGB was good, be we were better.
Mr. G. says that their control on the individual agent was too tight, the man or woman had no wiggle room.
My Husband on the other hand could disappear if need be, break contact with everyone and re-surface when he felt safe and make a report of his reason for his action.
They couldn't do that.

The Bombing was an important show of force for Trump, Not so much Stria as it was for Putin.
They learned that Trump is Not All Talk Like Obama.

Yes you're dealing with a Witch Hunt and The Truth was out and they've already made it perfectly clear, Trump did nothing wrong.
Assad says chemical attack in Syria was '100% fabricated'

'The Syrian leader claims footage of dying children was "propaganda", adding that
the US is "hand-in-glove with the terrorists".

Syrian President Bashar al Assad says a deadly toxic gas attack widely blamed on his
forces is a "100% fabrication".

Speaking in his first interview since the incident, Mr Assad said he gave "no order to
make any attack" and claimed "even if we had (chemical weapons) we wouldn't use them".

The Syrian leader said it was unclear who carried out the attack in the rebel-held town of
Khan Sheikhoun on 4 April, which killed more than 80 people.

He added that videos showing children dying from the attack were "propaganda" designed
to prompt the retaliatory US missile strike two days later.
Mr Assad told AFP TV: "It's not clear whether it happened or not, how can you verify a video?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1627]
A Syrian man receives treatment following the chemical attack in Idlib province.

There are a lot of fake videos now. "We don't know whether those dead children were killed
in Khan Sheikhoun. Were they dead at all?

"Our impression is that the West, mainly the United States, is hand-in-glove with the terrorists."

He added he would only allow an investigation into the attack "when we make sure that unbiased
countries will participate in this delegation in order to make sure that they won't use it for politicised
purposes".

On Wednesday, Russia vetoed a UN Security Council resolution demanding a probe, prompting
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson to say Moscow had put itself "on the wrong side of the argument"...'
SKY News:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'm watching Alex Jones right now.  He's saying there is a method to Trump's "madness", and his "well-thought-out" plans will get rid of
ISIS and Al Qaeda; that's his goal.

I'm getting dizzy watching the left vs. right explanations of what's happening, so I'm sitting this one out to see what happens in the end, and praying it doesn't lead to WWIII.
Okay, that "sit out" didn't last long.   tinylaughing 

This is just breaking.  To prove my point that Trump is going after ISIS, read this!

US drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan

Quote:Washington (CNN)The US military has dropped an enormous bomb in Afghanistan, according to four US military officials with direct knowledge of the mission.
A GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb, nicknamed MOAB, was dropped at 7 p.m. local time Thursday, the sources said.
The MOAB is also known as the "mother of all bombs." A MOAB is a 21,600-pound, GPS-guided munition that is America's most powerful non-nuclear bomb.
The bomb was dropped by an MC-130 aircraft, operated by Air Force Special Operations Command, according to the military sources.
They said the target was an ISIS tunnel and cave complex as well as personnel in the Achin district of the Nangarhar province.
The military is currently assessing the damage. Gen. John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, signed off on the use of the bomb, according to the sources. Authority had to be sought from Gen. Joseph Votel, commander of US Central Command.
This is the first time a MOAB has been used in the battlefield, according to the US officials. This munition was developed during the Iraq War.

There is a video you can watch on the source page: LINK

This probably needs it's own thread, if anyone wants to make it.  I have an appointment, so I don't have time.