Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University’s ‘Whiteness Forum’ takes ‘critical look at whiteness’
Yes, what they're saying is, you're White so you've had everything given to you and had special privileges and an easy life.
You should be ashamed of your Whiteness. 
Quote:Students at Cal State San Marcos on Thursday hosted a “Whiteness Forum” as part of a communications class they are enrolled in, setting up more than a dozen displays that highlighted what they contend is how white privilege has oppressed people of color in a variety of ways.

A “white beauty standard” display stated “we are studying the white hegemonic ideals of the beauty industry.” Another asked “who does whiteness say that you are,” noting “whiteness studies” is defined as “the study of the system of white dominion in our society with a focus on ideologies of white supremacy as collective, rather than white individuals.”

A “Make America White Again” display included an image of Donald Trump’s baseball hat and argued his campaign has led to a wave of hate crimes.

A “Whiteness in the Court” project explained “the law is a tool used by dominant groups, those that have the social, political and economic power, to represent their interests and reflect their values to maintain their privileged position over subordinate groups.” It cited stats that “blacks are five times more likely to go to prison over whites of similar conviction” and “Latinos are three times more likely to go to prison over whites of similar conviction.”

Other displays: “Gentrification is the new Colonialism,” “Stand up for Standing Rock” and a “Wheel of Whiteness.”
During the two-hour event, students who created the displays talked to guests about their projects, explaining their studies and quizzing passersby on facts and figures relating to race. One group had guests spin the “Wheel of Whiteness.” Another passed out “gentrification is the new colonialism” stickers.

Quote:“Students learn best when they actually do something as opposed to just hear something,” said Professor Dreama Moon, who teaches the communications class called “Communicating Whiteness.” Every year for the last 13 years, students have created projects to pull together the forum as part of the class, she said.

Moon, in an interview with The College Fix, said “we need to learn how to have a conversation with people, to engage.
Yes, that's her name!  tinylaughing
Quote:At the start of the forum, Moon told the crowd that “one thing you can do today is to begin to educate yourself about white supremacy and learn how to not support it and how to help eradicate it.” She also pointed out a “boycott/support” table, which Moon said “tells you how to support businesses that support your values.”

A flier titled “Boycott in Solidarity” stated that “in the aftermath of Donald Trump being the new President-elect, several companies have come out and shown their support to his rhetoric. Many people might not know which companies, so we want to bring some awareness to it and let you know what companies you might want to avoid and possibly boycott.” NASCAR, the UFC, Jenny Craig, Macy’s, Hobby Lobby, Amazon and others were on the list.
Source
How is this Educational? What is Moon Teaching, Self-Hate?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Sigh... it took 8 years for Obummer and his crew to reverse our progress back to how it was in the sixties. 
It will take another 50 years to undo the damage he and his cohorts have caused in dividing our country, using the race card. smallnotamused
Things like this are sheet idiocy. What does "white" have to do with communication when communication is about communicating ideas etc. It's not philosophy where they debate and discuss the ideas. 

Anyway.. they are ignorant fools. First, the United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who reported "White" or wrote in entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."

Second, as of 2014, this is 77% of Americans, and while certainly the other 23% make purchases, wear clothing and make up etc. They are not the majority and commercially businesses are going to spend the most money targeting what is seen as the general population of an area. That is where they advertising dollars are best spent.. if the want to attract the most amount of people.

So this complaint that products and beauty is defined by what the majority looks like, well.. it's just common sense that media in general, has its main focus on the general population, and this group of "whites" share exceedingly similar appearances.

A minority in any country, is just that and is not the main focus of any media or advertising, because that is not the main audience...go to Nigeria, be in the minority there, and complain about what is upheld there as the standard of beauty, and see how far it gets you.

It's not racist, it's life the world over. The standards of any society are the standards of the majority, not the minority.

Make America great again is about abolishing this sort of ignorance from our midst. Expecting the majority to cater to less than a fourth of this country and pretend the majority doesn't exist or matter, is just plain stupid. If the minority wants to cater to the minority - let them start business and cater to the group they want to do business with, and leave the majority alone..

We would all be happy that way.. instead of trying to shove idiocy down our throats.
They Scream about White Privilege, but for how many years now have white people with a score of 100 not get on the local police or fire department or government job because Jamal or Jose or Mohomed Who tested in the 50's is a better fit due to diversity and black privilege or to fill a quota.
(12-06-2016, 04:27 AM)guohua Wrote: They Scream about White Privilege, but for how many years now have white people with a score of 100 not get on the local police or fire department or government job because Jamal or Jose or Mohomed Who tested in the 50's is a better fit due to diversity and black privilege or to fill a quota.

Oh man!  Don't even get me started on that subject!   smallfit
I know for a Fact They even give remedial reading courses in Colleges today.
So, In the not too distant future going to college will carry the same connotation as "Special Ed" with a Bachelors degree the equivalent of a "Special Olympics" medal.
All the while teaching these Loser's they're White Trash and Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves.
The stupidity over there is on the rise again I see .......  

Then they wonder why they cant compete with the rest of the world ......  and why post yankee go the fuck home an stay there signs ....... american stupidity not needed ..... not wanted ...... an not welcome over here ........ 

Anyone who supports / advocates the pc bullshit is an enemy combatant in my book and will be dealt with accordingly .......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Here is a little bit of truth for everyone.
Quote:April 21, 2009  New Haven, Ct. Firefighters Claim Reverse Discrimination
Anyone remember this?
Quote:When firefighters battle a raging blaze, they can be sure that at least one thing will treat them all equally:

"The fire isn't going to discriminate against a person whether he's black, white or Hispanic" Connecticut firefighter Ben Vargas, 40, said. "It's going to treat that person the same way."

But in the city of New Haven, Vargas, who is Hispanic, and 19 white firefighters say that is where the equal treatment ends, and discrimination begins. They allege that they were denied promotions because the city gave preferential treatment to blacks.

Matt Marcarelli, who is white, got the top score on a promotion exam in 2003 and was first in line for captain. But when the city reviewed all the test results, it found that the pass rate for black candidates was about half the corresponding rate for white candidates. None of the black firefighters scored well enough for an immediate promotion. As a result, the city threw out the test results.

"Every day I go to work I've got to pin this lieutenant's badge on me, it reminds me I got screwed out of a captain's badge because of the color of my skin," Marcarelli, 38, said. "That gets to you."

In New Haven, city officials knew they were headed for a catch 22 when the test results came back. If the city certified the test results, it was confident it could expect a lawsuit from the black firefighters. But when it threw out the test results, it instead got a lawsuit from mostly white firefighters.
Source

So, Professor Dreama Moon or Moon Beam or what ever your name is, you need to stop teaching This Total Bull Shit!
They can kiss my mostly white ass, and shove their "white privilege" where the sun don't shine.

I was raised rough, and have had to fight every step of the way for what little I have. There sure as hell wasn't any "white privilege" involved. I've lived all sorts of places, even in the ghetto, and can say first hand they are so full of shit it's gotta be squirting out their ears.

When I was growing up, no one had 600 dollar iphones, no one had 400 dollar tennis shoes, or even the equivalents of those for the times - but I saw an overabundance of those things in the ghetto. Hell, I didn't even have indoor plumbing. the only running water we had was the kind you have to run outside to get, and in the summer we had to run a mile down the holler to the one live spring around to get it, and carry it back in emptied milk jugs. I rigged a system where I could carry 10 at a time on the trek back to the house. The toilet was a shack out back, summer or winter. Some times, you had to scrape the snow from the seat, and hope there wasn't enough moisture left over to freeze you to it. Electricity was hit or miss, and many is the evening when I had to study my lessons for school by an oil lamp. I have been awakened in the winter by snow flakes working their way through the tin roof and hitting me in the face, and a glass of water on my nightstand would be frozen in the morning. The walls had cardboard "paneling", and no insulation until we finally put some in - which didn't help the tin roof I slept under much.

There's not a goddamned thing they can tell me about my "white privilege". They're living in a fantasy world, making up bullshit to attempt creating a narrative that does not exist in the real world.

Where I live now is a comparative mansion. 4 rooms, one bath, and an addition built onto the side of it for a laundry room. It's not very big, but it's big enough, cozy, and I like it. Beats hell out of the shack I was raised in. I didn't get here because of any "white privilege", I got here by working, and not blaming MY problems on other folks. Instead of whining "woe is me" and pointing my finger at some nebulous "other" who was "holding me down", I put those fingers to work and improved my lot in life. While doing that, I didn't have time for bitching, pissing, and moaning about how good other folks have it, and how badly they were keeping me down - I was too busy improving my little corner of the world. One thing that's for sure, anyone that has time to piss and moan about a non-existent "white privilege" has too goddamned much time on their hands, and ought to get a fucking job - or two, of all they can find is part-time (yeah, I did that, too) to fix their own damned problems, improve their own damned corners of the world.

They can bite me, and stay the hell away from my little corner of paradise - if they ever came to visit, all of their fantasy dreams would be shattered in an instant.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta"  minusculeclap  My husband said he was the Trailer Trash just down the Hollier!  minusculebiggrin

Now a little history lesson.
Quote:Affirmative Action History

In its tumultuous 48-year history, affirmative action has been both praised and pilloried as an answer to racial inequality. The term "affirmative action" was first introduced by President Kennedy in 1961 as a method of redressing discrimination that had persisted in spite of civil rights laws and constitutional guarantees. It was developed and enforced for the first time by President Johnson. "This is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights," Johnson asserted. "We seek… not just equality as a right and a theory, but equality as a fact and as a result."

A Temporary Measure to Level the Playing Field

Focusing in particular on education and jobs, affirmative action policies required that active measures be taken to ensure that blacks and other minorities enjoyed the same opportunities for promotions, salary increases, career advancement, school admissions, scholarships, and financial aid that had been the nearly exclusive province of whites. From the outset, affirmative action was envisioned as a temporary remedy that would end once there was a "level playing field" for all Americans.

Bakke and Reverse Discrimination

By the late '70s, however, flaws in the policy began to show up amid its good intentions. Reverse discrimination became an issue, epitomized by the famous Bakke case in 1978. Allan Bakke, a white male, had been rejected two years in a row by a medical school that had accepted less qualified minority applicants-the school had a separate admissions policy for minorities and reserved 16 out of 100 places for minority students. The Supreme Court outlawed inflexible quota systems in affirmative action programs, which in this case had unfairly discriminated against a white applicant. In the same ruling, however, the Court upheld the legality of affirmative action per se.
Source

Up until 8 years ago, America was doing pretty good with Race Relations, Obama and Michelle Screwed That up with her speech about for the First Time In Her Life She's Proud To Be An American and Obamas constant melding in Race relations in the Police and other agencies and giving away our countrey to 3rd. world illegals.
Nice job keeping our Nation divided Cal State San Marcos.

I am getting real sick & tired of this racial bullshit being thrown around.
Like I am supposed to feel guilty for being born white.

Fuck all of yous who feel that way about "white privilege".   smallnotamused
I have busted my azz to make a living the past 30 years and my skin color didn't have shit to do with it.
My determination and hard work did! (along with my husband of course)

So screw you if you can't handle that!!

And being as the majority of the population in the U.S. happens to be Caucasian, of course marketing and what have you are going to be directed mostly towards whites.
That should be a no-brainer. (((duh)))

Quote:A “Whiteness in the Court” project explained “the law is a tool used by dominant groups, those that have the social, political and economic power, to represent their interests and reflect their values to maintain their privileged position over subordinate groups.”

It cited stats that “blacks are five times more likely to go to prison over whites of similar conviction” and “Latinos are three times more likely to go to prison over whites of similar conviction.”

Hey I got one fer ya...... DON'T DO CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR!!

Then you won't have to 'compare' prison statistics according to skin color.

Oh what rubbish this shit is.
White privilege.
White guilt.
Pfffft.....

Just do your job.
Go to work.
Pay your bills.
Stay out of trouble.
Help others when needed.
Take care of your family/friends.
Don't do drugs.
Don't steal, lie, cheat.

'Character' has nothing to do with skin color, but rather individuality.
It's up to YOU as to what you do with it.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

@"senona"  Well Said,  minusculeclap
Looks like time all the other states got together an give the peoples republik of kalifornia the heave-ho once an for all ....... then build big wall around it .......

(12-06-2016, 06:23 AM)senona Wrote: Just do your job.

Go to work.
Pay your bills.
Stay out of trouble.
Help others when needed.
Take care of your family/friends.
Don't do drugs.
Don't steal, lie, cheat.

'Character' has nothing to do with skin color, but rather individuality.
It's up to YOU as to what you do with it.

And there you go, a simple set of guidelines that will make your country great again.
You don't need a banner or placard, nor a loud voice filled with anger.
Here's an idea... why not teach the above advice at schools instead of pratting about
with imagined problems.

Dreama Moon, huh.... no offbeat narrative-creating title there, then.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
'...With final exams approaching, some universities are offering their students stress
relief measures such as puppies, acupuncture, and massages to ensure they don’t
get too stressed out.

The University of St. Thomas and the University of Louisville are both offering hot
chocolate bars and puppy-petting sessions as part of their stress-busting events.

The University of North Carolina-Wilmington goes even further, offering massages
and acupuncture at its "relaxation station."...'
SOURCE:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=861]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-06-2016, 01:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: '...With final exams approaching, some universities are offering their students stress
relief measures such as puppies, acupuncture, and massages to ensure they don’t
get too stressed out.

The University of St. Thomas and the University of Louisville are both offering hot
chocolate bars and puppy-petting sessions as part of their stress-busting events.

The University of North Carolina-Wilmington goes even further, offering massages
and acupuncture at its "relaxation station."...'
SOURCE:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=861]

But do they get happy ending with the massages ?????????

(12-06-2016, 01:45 PM)Daitengu Wrote: But do they get happy ending with the massages ?????????

I'm still looking for that in the report!

But this below will also add to their freaking out!

In the world of political correctness, it seems that President-Elect Donald Trump
is looking to bring back a seasonal salutation.
And still with respect to anyone's personal religion, I think it's okay!

'Donald Trump Just Single-Handedly Won the War on Christmas'

'...How did this all start? Who fired the first shot in the War on Christmas, and why?
Perhaps it began in the P.C. '90s when bleeding-heart liberals crossed out the first
"Merry Christmas" sign and wrote in "Happy Holidays" in jumbo Sharpie.

Maybe the trenches were dug when Bill O'Reilly confirmed to a fearful nation that the
coastal elites were stockpiling nondenominational Weapons of Mass Celebration.

It doesn't matter how it started, because we know how it ends.
Today, President-Elect Donald J. Trump won the war...'
Esquire:
(12-06-2016, 01:45 PM)Daitengu Wrote: But do they get happy ending with the massages ?????????

Lol... liberals are terrified of happy endings... they need safe spaces for protection against such things!

If you want a happy ending in this day and age, you need to find a conservative! And they don't give free massages.. hahaha