Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ ***
(10-17-2022, 09:54 AM)Sol Wrote: ...

IF no one likes it, as in NO ONE, not just two or three, then I will start looking for a new theme that hopefully will satisfy most.

Personally, I love this theme, it's easy and fast. But hey, I DID take the time to try and find things.

Don't get me wrong - I've said more than once that my problem is a "me" problem, not a problem with the theme. I'm all for keeping the theme and tweaking it, because it does provide a service to folks who connect especially on cell phones, which is more and more prevalent these days. The fact that I can't doesn't negate the fact that others DO. It's for those others that I think it should be kept and built upon. The rest of us Luddites have choices, so we don't have to use it if we don't want, and those who do will have THAT choice. It's pretty, and it's sleek, and my inability to use it doesn't mean that I think it should be taken from everyone who can.

Preferences are predicated on choices, and I'm not for taking that choice away from the folks that it is easier for.-

I'm also of the opinion that it's a vision towards the future, and will facilitate new members arriving when they see that it's now a better thing for their chosen connection method, and that can in no way be a bad thing.

Quote:So, the desktop is different, yes it is. From what we had, it's night and day. But remember, NO plugins are on yet. Means NO Alerts, NO shoutbox, NO tagging, NO rating, NO starring, NO Avatar boxes as they should be, NO banners up there yet, NO recent threads upgrades, NO announcement bars and way more.

Those temporary deficiencies are not a problem nor a bar for me, either. Some I never used before, and others are no longer available in Dark 1.8, either, broken as it is. I know those things will re-emerge over time, so it's no sweat.

Quote:We don't leave messages asking you to be patient for nothing or just to be polite. We KNOW from past experiences that this will get better. We've been there, done that. Ask Senona, she'll absolutely agree with this, because she KNOWS.

The version you LOVE so much, Dark 1.8, well, when we brought it out, for RN3, some members wanted to lynch us, right then and there. They didn't like this, they didn't like that, they wanted this, they wanted that, it was a shitshow, a disaster, and we were up to no good. Some members left and never came back. They hated it. The shit we got when we launched it, you wouldn't believe.

But isn't that what YOU want back right now, though?

Oh, I recall those times. Everything got fixed and everyone loved it, and this one will too. There is no growth without growing pains. What we have at the moment is a theme in infancy, and no one expects a toddler to climb cliffs - that will come in time, with growth.

Quote:But if it becomes a consensus, after we reinstall plugins, that it's still a shitshow and a disaster, I'll change it. Majority wins.

Until then, again, please show a little patience and trust. It'd be appreciated.

Sol.

I'm pretty sure, from all the comments so far, that the majority likes it, and further that it will facilitate new membership due to ease of use on their chosen platforms, and for those reasons it's here to stay so long as it continues to exhibit the stability it is doing now. Us old farts still have choices, so a new theme is really no skin off our backs - we can still continue to do things the Neanderthal way if we chose to, no problem.

I will admit to going in last night to see if there was anything I could do to darken the background on one of the other new-looking themes, and found myself out of my depth. I backed away slowly since I didn't know what needed pinched, and didn't change anything at all. I'm almost certain the computer growled a warning at me - can computers smell fear?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ *** - by Ninurta - 10-17-2022, 08:10 PM