Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ ***
(10-17-2022, 07:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 09:08 AM)Sol Wrote: If you find it too difficult to navigate (perfectly normal at first until you get used to it), you can always take a break, go down to the bottom of the forum, find the dropdown menu on the left and choose Dark 1.8 - which was the old version. We will be keeping it there for a while.

"For a while"?

That single phrase frightens me. A lot.

Understand that I literally poke bears with pointy sticks, so there is not a lot in this world that spooks me, but that did.

Without Dark 1.8, as broken as it is, I'll be unable to participate here. Unless we can spark up that other new theme. That one seemed to work ok for me. But this default one just leaves me spinning my wheels, unable to do anything at all, and finally simply closing the tab in frustration at not being able to go anywhere or do anything. Then I come back and switch back to the old theme, but if it's not there to switch to...

My guess is that it's because it's just like me - old and broken. It's a kindred spirit, and even without a shoutbox or the ability to rate posts any more, at least I can still get around the site with it.

Let's not ditch the old theme entirely - at least not until after I'm dead, and younger, smarter people are flocking in to replace me!

Switch to the MyBBPro theme. It is a light theme but except for the recent posts being at the bottom of the board, it will be more what you can deal with. Ratings don't work, I can't get to my UserCP and there are probably other issues but at least you won't have to deal with the abysmal portal interface.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ *** - by Freija - 10-17-2022, 07:55 AM