Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ ***
(10-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Freija Wrote: Honestly, this is a disaster. No banner, mutilated avatars and twice as much work to find half as much information.

Pretty basic huh? It's normal, we're testing the infrastructure to see if it'll hold. Before decorating the walls, we want to be sure that the walls will stay up and not fall apart like the previous theme did.

If it does, if it's stable, then we start installing plugins, banners, new avatar layouts, the shoutbox and many other cool features. But not yet.

As for twice much work, it's just that you are not accustomed to the new style and layout yet. The same features are there, you just need to know where they are. Tutorials will be coming once, again, we're sure that the infrastructure is stable.

We had the very same comments when we went from RN2 to RN3 testing. Everyone hated it. Then when we started to add the candies to RN3 (shoutbox, starring. rating, changing layouts, new avatar layouts, banners, etc) everyone loved it. And now miss it.

Give us time. I know change is not easy. But the bells and whistles aren't installed yet. We're testing.

So far, today, the site has been pretty busy. And the infrastructure is holding. Quite well, actually. We're not busting bandwidth. We're not busting memory capacities. What needs to work, works. It's a good sign.

Finally, at first, we wanted just the Staff to test it but we decided to go with the full membership to get volume testing. I knew we'd get some bad feedback and it's ok, nothing wrong there. Because I know, in due time, when everything is installed, you are going to love this.

I really think so.

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** WELCOME HOME - AN ALL MEMBERS READ *** - by Sol - 10-16-2022, 08:53 PM