Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which ones of the 10 commandments have you broke? (If any)
(10-11-2022, 10:15 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: David is my favorite person in the Bible. He broke a many of the ten commandments, and showed all of his ass in worship. Pissed off his wife, but according to his wife, the slave girls were amused. Yet he loved God and God loved him above many. God punished him, but he continued to love him.

As much as I would like to be a Job, I am much closer to being a David.  tinylaughing

David had talent. he managed to break not one, but THREE of the Commandments in a single sitting - when he had Uriah the Hittite murdered just so that he could take his wife Bathsheba! That was a murder, adultery, and covetousness, all at once.

I reckon that has to be talent, of a sort...

But speaking of Job in connection with that quiet voice:

"It stopped, but I could not tell what it was. A form stood before my eyes, and I heard a hushed voice:"

Job 4:16 NIV

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which ones of the 10 commandments have you broke? (If any) - by Ninurta - 10-11-2022, 10:24 PM