Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Come Celebrate Spooky Season With Me
(09-14-2022, 03:07 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:42 PM)VioletDove Wrote: The nights are getting cooler here, I'm starting to feel that crisp feeling in the air. It's seems like it is upon us, my favorite time of the year!

Fall is my favorite time of the year as well.

When my children were still at that age where they were into Halloween, I always had a party for them. When they went from children to teens, the party became a party not just for the children but for the adults as well. We had a grand time back then.

Now I live way out in the middle of nowhere and the homes are way too far apart for trick or treaters, and most old folk out here don't take kindly to strange folk walking up their driveways dressed in costumes. So, we have community gatherings. While I serve regularly with most community festivities, I leave the Halloween one to the children and the parents. I passed the baton on that one.

I miss the gatherings we had in the small town I grew up in. There wasn’t enough money to buy costumes so my mom made them for my brother and I. We’d usually win the costume contests. My mom made really good ones. My favorites were an owl and a dog cheerleader costume. I wish I still had them but I was little and since I liked them so much I wore them while playing outside until they finally fell apart.

We live a little far for trick or treaters too but I decorate my house and yard anyway because I love it so much. I always get so sad when it’s time to take it down that I actually started leaving both a small foam pumpkin and a black cat figurine our year round. 

I had hubby get all my fall stuff out of storage yesterday so I can start decorating today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Come Celebrate Spooky Season With Me - by VioletDove - 09-14-2022, 03:26 PM