Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chinese Citizens Lose Life Savings
My mind wanders, but it always comes back to totalitarian control in China.

The rampant savings loss is no doubt in part down to Xi's desire for absolute control - the less money folks have, the less they are able to do in a money-driven economy. That gives Xi a lot more control over the polulace. The same concept applies to Bidenflation in America, incidentally.

The covid restrictions I also put down as due to control measures - not control of covid, but control of people. I have douts that this current "covid outbreak" is a real thing. I think it is more likely to be a manufactured thing with the objective of control.

When you lock folks down and restrict them to what amounts to house arrest, they have far fewer opportunities for interaction with one another. Sure, they still have their cell phones and internet to interact, but those are closely monitored, so still not really free communication of the sort that face-to-face meetings can promote.

It may just be me and my suspicious mind, but I find it pretty convenient that when a financial crisis sparks public outrage as it has in China, a sudden "resurgence" of covid makes a lockdown, preventing communication and organization, so very much easier to institute for purposes of population suppression.

I think back to how certain individual citizens have their covid warnings on their phones changed from green to red in order to suppress their movements and restrict their activates, and make it easier for the State to find, track, and monitor them, and I have to wonder if this current bout of mass covid restrictions are not just that concept writ large.

just casting a wider net, it appears to me...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Chinese Citizens Lose Life Savings - by ABNARTY - 08-12-2022, 12:01 AM
RE: Chinese Citizens Lose Life Savings - by BIAD - 10-27-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: Chinese Citizens Lose Life Savings - by Ninurta - 10-27-2022, 07:16 PM