Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Red Dawn" Cult of Madness
One of the students of the type of "counterinsurgency" Red Dawn teaches (planned out in large part by Alexander Haig) was Timothy McVeigh, who cited the film as a major influence. The article says the US should apply the same lessons to taiwan to defeat China.

[Image: jSlhlO0.jpg]

Quote:The lessons in Red Dawn about insurgent warfare also apply to Taiwan, where the U.S. government is helping to make the island reorganize their national guard and reserve forces to prepare for partisan warfare, Waltz added. Laying the groundwork for a Taiwanese insurgency is meant to deter a Chinese invasion.

By the end of Red Dawn, most of the Wolverines have been killed, but their service to the United States is memorialized in a U.S. National Park Service monument. One of the enduring lessons of the film is a warning to any would-be invaders: No rallying cry is more powerful than “Avenge me!”
Task & Purpose

[Image: XxuHtEe.jpg]
Aberration in the Heartland of the Real: The Secret Lives of Timothy McVeigh (2016; pg 190) by Wendy S. Painting, PhD.

Quote:"Red Dawn" a 1984 film directed by John Milius, was the movie Mr. McVeigh loved most. He watched it over and over. Not surprisingly, it is a cult film of the far right. The Arizona Patriots, a survivalist group arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1986 just before they embarked on a scheme to rob armored cars to finance their bombing of power plants, dams, synagogues and abortion clinics, watched "Red Dawn" in their primitive encampment on a V.C.R. powered by a portable generator.
NY Times (Dec 31, 1995)

Alexander Haig (4-star General, Sec of State, Supreme Allied Commander Europe; Ronald Reagan’s “I-am-in-control” top aide) was a member of the MGM board of directors. He yearned to develop a movie career. He supervised the development of the movie Red Dawn and made significant changes to it.
Variety (June 16, 1997)

[Image: wNKGJ7q.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
"Red Dawn" Cult of Madness - by EndtheMadnessNow - 08-11-2022, 08:20 PM
RE: "Red Dawn" Cult of Madness - by BIAD - 08-11-2022, 09:00 PM
RE: "Red Dawn" Cult of Madness - by Ninurta - 09-07-2022, 11:08 PM