Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think there may be hope yet
(08-29-2022, 04:15 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:26 PM)Ninurta Wrote: For me, it's not a "Right vs. Left" or "Republican vs. Democrat" thing. It boils down to a much simpler question, one I think is not a partisan question: does law mean anything, or does it not? It's a matter of the rule of law vs. anarchy. If other folks can ignore law with impunity, is it then ok for ME to pick and choose which laws to obey and which to ignore, with no fear of repercussions? When is fair no longer fair?

It's certainly not a Right or Left issue. People on the Right (at least the ones I know) are downright scary-dangerous.  The lefties are just flagrant about dumb shit. Both groups have seemingly crossed the line onto the side of anarchy. And ... admittedly ... I no longer have much respect for the rules given to me to obey.

About the only thing I care about anymore is my wife. I nourish my friendships and I keep-up good relations with the neighbors.  I sometimes wish I had more of both, but I'm content with what I've got too. The kids are geographically beyond consideration in this thought process.

I bet if I get into a fix near-term, it'll be over an attempted carjacking. Not planning to wait around and 'get processed'. Ought'a get some business cards made up that say, "You might be better off just leaving this one be." LOL

I hear you.

I am so frustrated with people playing into the hands of those that they claim to be fighting.

Right or left, they can't even see they are just flipped sides of the same coin.

The amount, and kind, of crazy I sometimes have to deal with, goes so far past the point of logic and reason, that the only way it can make sense, is to just accept it for what it is. Generated manipulation of the mind, for the purpose of control, management, culling and seeding.

I want to just throw in the towel, and ride off into the sunset. But I don't know how to give up. There are way too many good, sane, and uninfected folk, for me to not fight the good fight.

Just got home from another day of madness. I need some sleep. Maybe tomorrow I will be in better form.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-07-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-08-2022, 04:17 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-08-2022, 04:44 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 06:02 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-11-2022, 09:53 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-29-2022, 04:15 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-30-2022, 05:12 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-31-2022, 03:21 PM