Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think there may be hope yet
(08-11-2022, 10:19 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...

I understand how you feel though. I am always the odd one out. I don't understand the Democrat vs Republican bipartisan hatred. It is like handing someone a nickel, and telling them it only has value if it is heads up or tails down.

I really don't see much difference between the supposed Left vs Right way of thinking either. Most people I know on both sides are sitting towards the middle.

For me, it's not a "Right vs. Left" or "Republican vs. Democrat" thing. It boils down to a much simpler question, one I think is not a partisan question: does law mean anything, or does it not? It's a matter of the rule of law vs. anarchy. If other folks can ignore law with impunity, is it then ok for ME to pick and choose which laws to obey and which to ignore, with no fear of repercussions? When is fair no longer fair?

So can I now just pick and choose which laws apply to me, and which do not? Or must I redefine them to give the appearance that they are not laws, but mere suggestions?

Now don't get me wrong, I've been known to ignore a law here and there, but in each case I was aware of the repercussions, and was willing to pay the price. I didn't expect to get off scot-free and not have to pay that price. Does that just mean I've been doing it wrong, and instead should have just redefined the law to be a not-law so that no laws were broken?

I wonder how that would fly in front of the Judge?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-07-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-08-2022, 04:17 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-08-2022, 04:44 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 06:02 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-11-2022, 09:53 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-29-2022, 04:15 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-31-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 06:08 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Brotherman - 08-11-2022, 11:17 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by SimeonJ - 08-31-2022, 05:59 PM