Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skewed Demographics in Prime Time Broadcast TV Commercials
(07-24-2022, 02:15 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 02:48 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: So why are they programming 90% or more of their prime time commercial spots with commercials that have such a small demographic? If anything, they are alienating 94% to as much as 96% of their viewing audience.

It's gotta be on purpose.  They're trying to piss people off ... instill hatred ... by putting lies right in-your-face.

Ya know what I always thought was ironic about 'anyone' hating on black people? That black people hate the black race as much (if not more) than any other demographic. Maybe that's the effort in this campaign.  Even if it is, it's doubtful such blatant misrepresentations are going to have _that_ as an intended effect.

It is on purpose, it's done because some dickhead in a media boardroom proposed 'it's effective' and ergo, is valid as
an advertisement. Ignore the irrationality of what I've just said, I agree with you that it sounds stupid. But this type
of commercial-making is laughingly based on the notion that anything displayed as thought-provoking -be it annoying
or just plain-'woke' is a favourable one, regardless of how its received.

Call the customer savvy or call them an idiot, it's all the same now. They have created a design that offers such terrible
biasedness in order to help themselves. They are -as Snarl pointed out, trying to instil anger, pushing emotive buttons
and stating their viewers are burdened with prejudice.

Why...? in the hopes that the people of the world are kept constantly in turmoil and to acquire information on such habitual
turbulence, one may find what they think they need on the television. If this becomes a much-needed medium like it was in
the past, more businesses will wish to have their commercials broadcast on their channels.

Think about all the hand-cleanser adverts during Covid, the useless test-kits, the multi-coloured face-masks now residing in
the bargain bins and what Fauci was constantly banging-on about.
Benjamins... it's always the Benjamins.
tinyok
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skewed Demographics in Prime Time Broadcast TV Commercials - by BIAD - 07-24-2022, 03:16 PM