Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Shadow Walker - Jacob Carl Novak
(07-11-2022, 06:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Ok, I re-read it, the whole thing this time. I do believe it has enough buildup and intrigue to keep the reader coming back for more There seem to be some technical issues that I can't quite put my finger on, but those are just technical issues that can be ironed out - it's why writers have proof-readers, after all. They check for spelling, grammar, and sentence flow while the author provides the story line, details, and flesh-out.

I have a personal friend who is a professional author, Franklin Horton, We met when we both worked at a radio station, and then we attended Virginia Intermont College together for a bit, before I got kicked out of there. he went on to study at yet another college, Virginia Commonwealth University I think, but am not sure, and the entire time his educational focus was on writing.

Franklin has written several series, mostly post-apocalyptic in nature, and to this day he still employs proofreaders before releasing his novels. He has one at the proof reader right now as a matter of fact, book 10 I believe in his "Borrowed World" series. So even the professionals make use of proof readers so that they can concentrate on creative flow.

You definitely have the "hook", the story line to draw the reader in and keep them coming with this tale. Maybe it could stand a little polish, but that doesn't detract from the story line at all.

I've read all of Franlkin's books in about 3 of his series - "The Borrowed World", "The Mad Mick", and "The Way of Dan". One thing I have noticed over time in those series is that the more he writes, the better his flow becomes. Practice makes perfect, even for the educated and polished, so keep on writing regardless of critics! Let the technical folks handle the technical details - as the author, your main job is to provide the story line and the hooks, the twists and the turns. Everything else is just technical details.

Thanks, and glad that the web address worked. I found out just now that I needed to change the file name where the story is located otherwise Firefox was the only browser that would find and display it for me.

Here is the new address (I fixed it in the first post as well).

http://freeholdgv.com/BPPublishing/epres...Index.html

Also, I was wondering about the page formatting, if that works well as a page by page book format.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Shadow Walker - Jacob Carl Novak - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-11-2022, 06:35 PM