Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doppelgängers
So here's my doppelganger story:

Less than a week after graduating high school I got a job working in a drive-thru to finance my brief stint at a university in the next town over. At the time it was the "ritzy" side of town and most of the teens there went to a big, private Catholic high school. Since I grew up and lived across the river I didn't know many people there and vice versa.

So on Friday nights after winning football games the school brought the entire football team, cheerleading squad, drill team and marching band in to eat- and they won every week. When I wasn't busy in drive-thru I'd help with orders for the front counter. All of these teens acted like they knew me- but they kept calling me "Tammy"- which is not my name. I would always say that my name wasn't Tammy (while showing them my name tag) and tell them they had me confused with someone else. After looking hard enough at my face that they realized I had two different colored eyes they usually conceded that I wasn't that person and would tell me we could pass for identical twins. Others would laugh and say I was trying to "pull a fast one". I never met her around that time.

Fast forward around 15 years. I had been accused of doing a lot of things I had never done and being places I had never been for many years and of using an alias- Tammy. People didn't believe me when I'd say it hadn't been me and was someone else. My ex (husband at the time) was convinced I was running around on him as several of his friends swore they had seen me here and there with this guy or that guy... until we met Tammy.

One of my close friends had gotten divorced. I was kind of glad because her ex always looked at me like I was naked or something and it made me very uncomfortable. My ex and I were over at her house one evening when he came to pick up their kids for the weekend at my friend's insistence (there had been physical violence previously during similar pick ups). He unexpectedly had a new wife with him and guess who it was? That's right, my doppelganger Tammy.

It was like looking into a mirror! The only difference was her eyes were one color and she had blonde hair (when I worked at the place next town over I also had blonde hair but had since let it grow back natural). We were the same size, build, skin tone, features, hair texture and even had the same deep SE Texas accent. We were even dressed nearly the same. It was so weird, plus completely creepy that my friend's ex had married my doppelganger. 

From what I heard she is dead now, drug overdose. Once she (and my friend's ex) got into heavy drugs apparently she didn't look as much like me anymore and people stopped mistaking us for each other- than goodness! 

I have another sort of doppelganger, a cousin who is a few years older than me but other than looking alike in features and coloring doesn't get mistaken for me anymore because she is much larger and is crazy as a shithouse rat. It is also creepy though because one of my former next door neighbors (whose kids I basically raised with my own) ended up marrying her. Too weird!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Doppelgängers - by ChiefD - 07-02-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Doppelgängers - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-02-2022, 11:53 PM
RE: Doppelgängers - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-03-2022, 02:20 AM
RE: Doppelgängers - by MalevolentTwitch - 07-03-2022, 03:25 AM
RE: Doppelgängers - by ChiefD - 07-03-2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Doppelgängers - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-04-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: Doppelgängers - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-04-2022, 04:22 PM
RE: Doppelgängers - by BIAD - 07-04-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Doppelgängers - by FlyingClayDisk - 07-06-2022, 12:50 AM