Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer!
I just saw the John Wayne story on a show about a week ago. Mysteries at the museum or something? But yeah, pretty messed up for those guys (especially considering the movie was the worst bomb in Hollywood History ... no pun intended).

I don't know if the science behind this holds up, but I feel somewhat vindicated even if it's slightly true. For years I've been complaining about all of the things that are "bad" for us and big bad government regulates, stipulates, and (frankly exaggerates) everything we put in our bodies. My comeback for cancer was always this exact thing. We've been detonating nuclear f'n weapons in our seas, skies, and soils for decades but yet smoking pot is the problem? Tobacco? Drinking alcohol? Most people can't pronounce a single ingredient in their deodorants, shampoo's, soaps, and body creams but yeah: smoking kills. Most of kids my age grew up sticking our faces in front of microwaves for probably hundreds of hours every year, but yeah: smoking kills.

Radioactive oceans, radioactive atmosphere, 3-mile, Chernobyl, Fukushima, The entire Western Desert area, but yeah: smoking kills.

I'm pretty sure putting any foreign substance in your body by smoking probably isn't good for your lungs. But when they find out you smoked it's the automatic "oh yeah, that's why you got cancer". My grandpa practically ate asbestos for breakfast in the 50's and 60's but nope, smoking killed him. I quit 3 years ago in August (and don't miss it - I had 2 cigars over that time frame but nothing else), switched to vaping and I can see the difference in my breathing and energy. But there is nothing that will change my mind about the decades of global pollution that isn't something we can sweep under the rug. Can you imagine if dust and dirt in your house had a half-life of 10,000 years? You wouldn't tolerate it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer! - by DuckforcoveR - 09-19-2016, 05:24 PM