Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chipping Hands and Foreheads is SO 20th Century!
(06-02-2022, 02:01 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Hell with that! That's why I keep "auto update" turned off on all my computers. Funny thing, you can't turn the "auto update" off in Windows 10...

i use to have problems with 10 updating and screwing up my computer all the time. last time it was so bad that it crashed and no recovery program could repair it.
i bought this one from a i guy i know who repairs them, he told me to disable, Back Ground Transfer Service,  Update Orchestrator Service, and Windows Update in services. but first turn off update in settings, update and security.

been almost 7 months now and i have yet to see a windows update when i boot up.if it's updating it's not telling me it is. i say this cause sometimes when i look at services i see one there that i don't remember, they usually have a set of numbers behind them.

i've got it set up now almost exactly like i had 7, using classic shell, translucent b and don't even have to sign in when it boots, when it;s sleepin, and i hit the mouse i have to click the sign in button and it comes right up no password or pin.

here's my desk top now, i even got me a little alien head for a start button

[Image: Capture.jpg]
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chipping Hands and Foreheads is SO 20th Century! - by hounddoghowlie - 06-02-2022, 03:13 AM