Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-30-2022, 11:28 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 09:06 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Another underrated vegetable to pickle is celery.  Pickled and later used with cheese and/or sour cream is quite yummy.  Pepper is the ingrediat for this one.

Kind regards,

Bally :)

I have pickled celery before. First time was an attempt to save some that was leftover after making macaroni salad. It worked so well, that we do it on a regular basis now. 
minusculebeercheers

My Dear Old Dad used to pickle corn in great big 5 gallon crockery pots. It's the smell of that corn pickling that turned me off to most pickled things. I never could eat it, because it would have had to pass under my nose to get into my mouth.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Ninurta - 05-30-2022, 09:03 PM