Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to West Virginia - Please Exercise Caution
(05-18-2022, 02:37 AM)Servovenford Wrote: I live in West Virginia. Chiggers are real.
And

Don't forget the moth man

Dear "big city folk".. thanks for the tourist change $. Now go home and take your "big city folk votes" with you.

Half of my family is from West Virginia, and has been there since at least 1763 when my 7-greats-back grand dad, a fella named Adam O'Brien, took up residence in a hollow sycamore in what later became Central WV for about a year to avoid some pesky lawman types, one of the first, if not THE first, white men to break brush there. At that time, he was ignoring the king's order from the Proclamation of 1763 that made it illegal for white folk to enter the Indian lands west of the proclamation line.

My son still lives in WV, towards the eastern panhandle, and has something on his land that leaves what appear to be axe cuts, horizontal slices or deep scratches, about 8 feet off the ground on some of his trees.

tinywhat 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to West Virginia - Please Exercise Caution - by Ninurta - 05-18-2022, 04:13 AM