Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DoorBell News
(05-15-2022, 01:48 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: If I lived in town, I might think about it, but I live out in the country.
To get to my front door, you have to walk by our picture window, which means walking by where the dogs sleep.  They don't bark for creatures, so if they do bark, we are up.
We have had to put a trail cam up, in the barn, to find out what we needed to bait the trap with.

We recently had some teens, actually damaging homes, and they burned some cars out here.  Nobody in the neighborhood could believe, that they hadn't been shot.
But they were too young to drive, and the canine tracked them right to their home.

The last idiot teens that were breaking into barns out here, got caught, because a farmer shot their truck.  Farmer never got charged, but the boys did.

Really a sad world we live in, after watching those videos.  A lot of crazies.

Same problem out here. We were fine for years because we were in the middle of nowhere, and everyone knew everyone else.

Now we have a big city that has sprung up all around us. We are still in the middle of nowhere, so that just makes for idle hands and idle minds for children, who have nothing better to do then look for trouble.

I fear one of them getting shot also. There is nothing out here, so anyone coming out this way that does not live here, or is not visiting someone out here, is just looking to bring trouble. The dogs out here can hear a car that does not belong, miles before they arrive. When the dogs bark, we look.

I just went out to turn off the sprinklers and interrupted a bunny party in my front yard. I know they were all seeking refuge there because the coyotes were about. The dogs don't bark at the rabbits, and they don't bark at the coyotes, but they do let me know they are about. It is a whole different alert system, than with people, they are not familiar with.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
DoorBell News - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-14-2022, 10:40 PM
RE: DoorBell News - by ChiefD - 05-14-2022, 10:47 PM
RE: DoorBell News - by Chiefsmom - 05-15-2022, 01:48 AM
RE: DoorBell News - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-15-2022, 03:11 AM
RE: DoorBell News - by Ninurta - 05-15-2022, 06:05 PM
RE: DoorBell News - by BIAD - 05-15-2022, 06:22 PM