Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(06-10-2022, 05:50 AM)rickymouse Wrote: Oh great, mama is going to come back now looking for the kid and it is gone...so much for our garden, she will eat it all as it comes up now because we are lousy babysitters.

We will probably have two does and their fawns staying off of the back yard in the woods this summer, I will have to buy lots of spuds and carrots for them to eat.

We've got a couple of does and their fawns bedding down in the woods just across the creek. I think our presence mostly keeps the predators away. If they cross the creek, I let the dog out on 'em and he runs 'em back to their side.

I tie up a salt block on their side and up the creek a-ways every other year .  Other than that, there's no encouragement for them to get any closer to us ... which is fine with me. Don't need 'em dropping ticks in the back yard for the dog to pick up, or them getting into my wife's plantings.

Unfortunately, they've never brought a buck in close.  I've caught sight of a ten-pointer a couple hundred yards deeper into the woods. He makes himself scarce right as hunting season starts.  Maybe this year though.  minusculebeercheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Snarl - 06-10-2022, 12:39 PM