Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(06-07-2022, 05:14 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: You sound like you are in a good place.

I am at the mercy of the State and the bank, because of the crazy rates increases in insurance. 

I am hoping DeSantis will rein in the insurance companies, and that he will see the wisdom in restricting the State from increasing taxes on existing home owners, since the over valuing of home prices should not be at their expense. 

I am at that point where the place is too big for me to manage. It takes a two whole day's for me to mow the lawn, and two weeks to recover. 

I would love to hand it over to one of the kids, but they are all so plugged into the meta verse that they don't know how to do anything that requires physical activity.

The only reason I haven't sold, is because I can't make up my mind as to where to go. I hate to think about it, but my Mother is near 90. If anything happens to her, I will likely become a vagabond. 

Check into an extended stay hotel, and just follow the rails.
I was out planting some cucumbers this morning at about eight oclock, just put the bread ingredients into the bread machine to mix the dough.  I had rototilled the garden a couple of days ago, planted the potatoes and a few rutabaga, cabbage plants, and brussel sprout plants yesterday.  I transplanted the cucumber plants and went to get another aluminum pole to keep the deer discouraged, and when I pulled up the pole, it mad noise and disturbed something about seven feet from me.  It got all anxious...it was a fawn, it was about two foot high to the back and full of spots, it couldn't go towards the fence, and there was a dead tree ahead of it it got tangled up in.  It was alone and scared, mother was around somewhere, they leave their kids near our house sometimes because they trust us not to hurt them.  I tried to talk calmly to the baby but it was all scared from the metal on metal sound  and it wiggled through that tree full of little branches and ran.  Oh great, mama is going to come back now looking for the kid and it is gone...so much for our garden, she will eat it all as it comes up now because we are lousy babysitters.  It doesn't appear that it got punctured, from anything on the fence or tree, and I did not see any broken branches with wet or an eyeball stuck on it....but who knows where it went, hopefully mommy will find it.

We are not going anywhere for a while hopefully, it is nice here, we like the wildlife.  We like the trees and weeds in the yard that get flowers on them...they are pretty.  I do not cut our grass a lot, we have four legged lawnmowers that use potatoes and homemade bread and rolls for fuel that mow the grass.  We will probably have two does and their fawns staying off of the back yard in the woods this summer, I will have to buy lots of spuds and carrots for them to eat.  The deer that come around here to our house have been coming for many generations now, when the old does do not come back that were coming for years...it is a little sad, we know they probably died.  I would never shoot the does here, I do not shoot friends, but if they haul me a buck to shoot, I may need to eat the buck in the future.  I do not like shooting does or fawns.  And I am sixty six now and I get attached to wildlife now way more than I used to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by rickymouse - 06-10-2022, 05:50 AM