Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
That's what I like about where I am now - not enough level ground to put either a swamp or a city on. The down side is that due to the lack of level ground, farming patches are small, family-sized or less, so no one is going to get rich farming around here. Outsiders used to think we were crazy for building houses on steep hillsides, but the simple fact was that level ground was at such a premium for farming so that folks could eat that we couldn't afford to use it up with building houses, so we built on the slopes. Just from the back of my house to the front, the ground drops about 15 feet, and it's a royal pain in the ass to get a car in or out, especially when it's raining and the ground is wet.

Some times, you've just gotta trade convenience for security.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Ninurta - 05-17-2022, 08:35 PM