Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(05-16-2022, 09:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Be very careful with that. I almost lost one of my houses that way. The whole time I was paying the mortgage the taxes were being paid by the bank. After I paid off the house, I did not stop to think about paying the taxes, because I never got a tax bill.

The Holy Spirit was looking out for me, because one day I was sitting at my computer and the Holy Spirit told me to look up the house. I had never done that before and didn't really know that it could be done. I logged into the tax appraiser's website and found that my house was delinquent in taxes and some bank was holding the certificate, and they could make claim on in less than thirty days.

I freaked. I called the tax appraiser's office and asked them how that was possible. I told them I never received a bill. They told me they did not send bills to accounts that were already paid, and for the last three years my taxes had been paid.

I went down to the tax office the very next day an paid all the back taxes, so the bank only got its money back with interest. But that is how I found out the hard way that there are wolves everywhere.

I went straight to the horse's mouth, the county tax office, and they said it's all paid up and I'm good.

Now I just worry that I've not got this year's tax bill yet, but it ain't due yet, either, so there is nothing in delinquency.

But I'm still not understanding why you didn't get a bill - did the bank pay the taxes and then hold on to try to seize possession? What kind of certificate were they holding? Due to the way I got this land - paid in cash up front - I never had to deal with banks and mortgages and all that sort of thing, so I'm not clear on the process.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 09:57 PM