Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(05-16-2022, 09:22 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 09:15 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...They can kiss my ass. I ain't giving up my ace in the hole for nothing. it's entirely paid for - no mortgage hanging
over my head, it's mine, and I will eliminate any attempted takeovers with extreme prejudice.

Game on.

Note to Self: And this also explains where the trespassing Ramblers are buried.
tinyhuh

You know, years ago when I was in my mid+20's, I was informed that a guy was poaching deer on that land, and I shrugged. I didn't care - it wasn't like he could ever get them all. So the folks that told me said "but you don't understand - if he catches you on your own land, he'll kill you". I laughed at them even as my eyes took on a harder edge. "You don't say?" I replied. "He wouldn't be the first to give that a try, but it'd be the last time he ever tried it."

They insisted that if I moved up there, onto MY OWN land, he'd burn the house down and shoot me as I fled the burning building. So I asked them how many folks he had already done that to, and they had to admit none. I told them I wasn't going to be the first one, either, and if he ever gave it a shot he'd stay where he laid.

Luckily, he never tried... although a friend of his did offer to shoot me one night just for walking down the road past the house they were in, and it took 4 men to keep me from gaining the woods and circling around behind the house to handle that threat.

So, in reality, I don't give a crap about trespassers, so long as they aren't destroying anything or threatening to shoot me. Either of those events will get them dealt with rough. If they just want to hunt the land, that's fine by me, so long as they are eating what they kill and not trying to kill me, and not setting fire to the woods.

I guess I just take offense too easily.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 09:47 PM