Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(04-25-2022, 02:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: What I don't get, is why are so many people in those countries trying to come to the US.

I worked in an area that had over 100 Filipino nurses. They were all trying to get their families to America, yet they had a good paying job in their own homeland.

I will add they were being taken advantage of by a corrupt medical agency, that housed them and paid then a lot less than their American counterparts, but it was a lot more than they made back home.

All that I spoke to, claimed they were here because the quality of living is so poor over there.

They claim that the poorest of our poor were doing better in America than the average Filipino. 

I don't know anything more about the Philippineses than what they told. If it is not true than I apologize.

So I am not sure where the win is.

Unless it is that if you have to do bad, than you can do bad all by yourself, you don't need the government to help you do bad.

I forget how many Islands make up PI but there are a bunch. Some prosperous and some still living by farming and fishing.

Being poor in any Asian country is not a nice way to go IMO. Even with a college degree the pay sucks which is around $300 a month and that is one day off a week if you are working for a big company and lucky.

The PI discounting the islands of the Muslims in mostly Catholic..which they seem to have no problem with smiling at you on Sunday and stabbing you in the back on Monday. I have known a few guys who got married there and POOF they split a short time after they bring their bride to the states. I always had friends and a good time in PI but I never wanted to retire there..

Thailand is Buddhist and they will smile at you everyday and still stab you if you are stupid !! hahahah.. Land of Smiles or LOS as many call it. Again I live in the country away from political intrigues and governmental domestic problems. Everyone or many living overseas at one time was told America is where you can get rich, have a nice house and the roads are paved with gold.. Once they get there they find out that some of that is BS.

I read someplace that 52 or 54% of 18 to 34 year olds are back living with their parents due to the economy in the states..

found it https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/majority...virus.html
Quote:In fact, for the first time ever, the majority of 18- to 34-year-olds now live at home with their parents, according to a recent study by the Pew Research Center.

As of July, 52% of millennials were living in their parents’ home, up from 47% in February, according to the Pew analysis of Census Bureau data, surpassing the previous high hit in 1940, when 48% of young adults lived with their parents.

“In a very short space of time, we are now at levels last seen during the Great Depression,” said Richard Fry, a senior researcher at Pew.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/young-ad...-home.html
Quote:Between February and March 2020, some 2.6 million young adults moved home with their parents. By the middle of 2020, the majority (52%) of young adults between the ages of 18 and 29 lived with at least one parent — and the children of rich parents were the most likely to return home.

In Asia it is not that unusual to see extended families living together to include the grand parents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by 727Sky - 04-25-2022, 03:16 PM