Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(04-25-2022, 01:55 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:06 AM)727Sky Wrote: I ain't poor and we could have stayed in the states but it just pissed me off as I have a thing about feeling like I am getting ripped off.

About 20 years back, a good friend of mine retired from the Army and bought a house in the PI.  He told me Uncle Sam actually threatened to terminate his citizenship for becoming an ex-pat.  We kept in touch via Farcebook back then ... and I assume the threat blew over.  But, he didn't care if he lost his citizenship or his pension.  He said he didn't even need the Army's medical bennies there in the PI.

Point is: People don't know what it's really like living overseas ... until they've been there.

What I don't get, is why are so many people in those countries trying to come to the US.

I worked in an area that had over 100 Filipino nurses. They were all trying to get their families to America, yet they had a good paying job in their own homeland.

I will add they were being taken advantage of by a corrupt medical agency, that housed them and paid then a lot less than their American counterparts, but it was a lot more than they made back home.

All that I spoke to, claimed they were here because the quality of living is so poor over there.

They claim that the poorest of our poor were doing better in America than the average Filipino. 

I don't know anything more about the Philippineses than what they told. If it is not true than I apologize.

So I am not sure where the win is.

Unless it is that if you have to do bad, than you can do bad all by yourself, you don't need the government to help you do bad.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-25-2022, 02:48 PM