Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(04-23-2022, 09:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 09:38 PM)Servovenford Wrote: I've lived in multiple US states over the years, one of them being famously taxy Illinois a long time ago in a galaxy far away. Using the fancy tool known as the "internet", I was able to find what the estimated yearly taxes were last year for a house I once lived in. 20k a year. Twenty-Thousand Dollars Per Year. Glad I no longer live anywhere near that state.
That's for a medium sized 2 story in a semi-rural fringe suburban area (when I lived there, it was surrounded by farms and quaint villages. It's probably changed a lot by now, I haven't been there in years) within a decent school district. Not a mansion or a huge piece of land, just a nice, good old fashioned house.
Unbelievable that anyone would be willing to pay that.

I don't think it is a matter of being willing.

If they sell, they won't be able to find anything close by that is not even more expensive than what they sold for.

Leaving the area will only be a short reprieve, because even if you find something cheaper, it will not stay that way. It will just be a matter of time before they come for you again.

This is very true. I saw it move north (the tax wave). As more people from Illinois moved to Wisconsin, the taxes in WI skyrocketed to absurd levels (as well as the house values). It got ridiculous. Related, the $ per mile in tolls there is absurd. They will take your house, and you can't drive anywhere either. Nice! (sarcasm)
IL and WI are, as far as I know, are still ranking amongst the top shelf of highest taxes in the US, but the tax inflation and highway robbery (no pun intended) is obviously not limited to that shelf. The lower tax states will catch up.

Slogan of the state -- "We're not happy until you're not happy."

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Servovenford - 04-24-2022, 12:54 AM