Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE #9-'The Roguening'
(04-07-2022, 04:24 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 04:08 AM)Jinmi Wrote: Well done FCD!!  Dont think too hard on how I got it correct, it was a fluke!  

Best I could surmise is how young you had to be, 6-8, and that you wouldnt likely be able to reach the dugout with your feet!  

Now i wanna tell you something eerie.

Back in the early 90s my Mom gave me her signed 1984 Tigers ball.  Case, and stand.  All the hand autographs.  Her prized posessiom, she was a big fan.  Best memories I have with her were staying up late listening to games.  

Anyway, also being big into basketball and baseball cards, a buddy and me went to the card shop.  It was bogus.  Never had the heart to tell her any maybe she already knew.  IDK.

Anyway, the boys and I used it after that and got a good half summer out of it.....was still a quality ball!

First, very good deduction and you are exactly correct!  The dugout was about 4 feet away, and only the adults could put their feet up on it and even then only if they slid down a little in their seats!

Your story is really, really. cool!  You said something very interesting.  You said...

Quote:Best memories I have with her were staying up late listening to games. 

What I'm about to tell you next is going to send chills right down your spine!!  I swear it will!!

After my parents retired in their later years they moved to a retirement community in Novi, MI called Fox Run. 

Do you want to take a guess as to whom their next door neighbor was?????????

Hint...you said "listening".

Their next door neighbor was.....Ernie Harwell!

Inside the cover, on the facing first page of the book "Ernie Harwell - Breaking 90 - Nine Decades Young and Still Loving Baseball" by the Detroit Free Press, is the inscription..."Dear Bob, I hope you enjoy my book!  Earnie Harwell." 

It's true!

Spent many a night on the back porch talking with Ernie about sports radio, baseball and the Detroit Tigers!

Now there's another true sports legend!

Wow!  
That had to be incredible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE #9-'The Roguening' - by Jinmi - 04-07-2022, 04:29 AM