Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE #9-'The Roguening'
(04-07-2022, 01:38 AM)Jinmi Wrote: Alrighty then!  Last one. 

Where did you have dinner with the Dolphins QB?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! 

Great Question (again)!

A quaint little restaurant which was recommended to us by the name of "Alex's".  Please don't ask me where exactly it was, because I have no idea!  I only remember the name of it, and I absolutely do not know my way around in Southern California in the slightest!  I've only been there (3) times in my life, and that was one of them!  It was near the water, I do remember that much.  And it was a very old family owned restaurant.

For Dinner, we all had the same thing.  Crab, served with drawn butter.  Also served with dinner were home baked rolls, and homemade Guava preserves (best I've ever eaten).  Prior to the main course we were served a salad with a dressing based on Campbell's tomato soup which I have tried for over fifty years to replicate and have not been successful.

I am dead-serious too!  I remember vividly what we had for dinner that night.  In fact, we had all decided ahead of time what we were going to order. 

ETA - Our waitress' name was Ginny, and the Owner's wife was also the head Chef. Her name was Marge. And, I also met Alex himself that night, along with his grand daughter, Wendy, whom I fell instantly in kid-love with. We corresponded for many years afterwards.

Funny you would ask this question actually, because I just looked her up on the Interwebz just the other day wondering what she was doing and what she looked like now! (I wasn't able to find out...unfortunately).

On a related side note, my Mom cut herself on one of the crab shells that night also (pretty badly too, I might add).

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE #9-'The Roguening' - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-07-2022, 02:47 AM