Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE #9-'The Roguening'
(04-06-2022, 01:30 PM)FauxMulder Wrote: Just going to throw it out there. Number 3 is the lie. 

The Dolphins LOST the Super Bowl in 1972 to the Cowboys. 

1973 was the year of the perfect season. 

Also, 1972 the Super Bowl was played on January 16th not the 13th. 

I rest my case.

ETA, unless of course, that was a typo.

Ahhh, okay, good point.  I must have gotten the date wrong.  It was the night before the Super Bowl, so if it was the 15th, then so be it.  I will stand corrected.  I had it in my head the Super Bowl was on the 14th (for some reason).  It was quite a while ago, after all.  :-)

You don't have to count that as a question if you like, but I will defer to IAMTAT for the final disposition.

Or...you can maintain your posture on the date being wrong and hence it is a lie...your choice.  :-)

ETA - Additional minor correction...the "season" was 1972. Technically, the Super Bowl was played in the calendar year 1973 (not calendar year 1972).

Hint - You guys are getting too fixated on dates! Bottom line (and clarification to remove all doubt).....I had dinner with Earl Morral the night before the Super Bowl following the Miami Dolphins "perfect season". Is that more clear / better?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE #9-'The Roguening' - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-06-2022, 04:37 PM