Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you stay and fight for America ?
(03-25-2022, 11:38 AM)Freeborn Wrote: What the hell is happening to you people?
Short answer? 
It depends and is unique to the individual.
Long answer? 
I can only answer for myself and my friends and loved ones... You see, I was in 11th grade when I watched the towers fall. I grew up in a fiercely patriotic family and as such, I had enlisted before I had even graduated high school. I signed on via the Army's delayed entry program which allowed me to graduate before Basic. I graduated June 6th 2003 and was on a plane to Ft. "Lost-in-the-woods, Misery" June 10th. The reason those details are important, is that I didn't realize the political murkiness and, if we're being honest, extremely shady bullshit about the whole reason we were in Iraq and A-Stan until after my enlistment ended at the end of my second tour. 
Very soon after I came home, I became extremely disillusioned with the whole thing. We all had blood on our hands because our leaders sent us to kill peoples of another nationality for their own gain. Hell, it can be argued, quite convincingly, that our own leaders were behind the inciting incident and caused the whole thing from the word "Go"...
There was a time that, while we Americans had always been ready for the good fight, we didn't seek it out and start shit. That time is no longer. And it created a sort of cognitive dissonance. Had it always been this way? Were we always actually the bad guys? What the fuck are we doing? This isn't what we were brought up to believe.
So in the void left behind by those questions, what the hell is wrong with our leadership? Wait, our leadership was "voted" for. Well then, what the hell is wrong with us? When did we get this way?

Would I stay and fight for my country and its leaders given the choice? I can't answer that anymore.
Would I stay and fight for my loved ones, my friends, my constitution? You better fucking believe it.
In the game of chess, you can never let your adversary see your pieces. - Zapp Brannigan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you stay and fight for America ? - by MalevolentTwitch - 03-25-2022, 01:05 PM