Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you stay and fight for America ?
What the hell is happening to you people?

When I first started talking and debating things with Americans online it was sort of a given that you'd fight to you last breath to save your country  -as well you should.
Almost to a person it was explained to me that should anyone be stupid enough to invade the USA - regardless of other obvious problems like logistics, strength of military etc - they would be met with an armed American hiding behind every single blade of grass.

Now I'm told - and from what I've read etc I sort of believe is possible - the majority of you would run like fuck, turn tail and scarper.

Bollocks to that.
I know we have lots of problems here in the UK but I know that if we were ever invaded that our fighting spirit would never allow us to meekly roll over....we'd fight to the last man - We'll fight them on the beaches and all that.

I've never served in the armed forces - I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who has - and I've never fired a gun in anger.
There's very few wars through history that I think have been just and I have seen far too many British soldiers come home in body bags from pointless wars in foreign lands, I have no desire to see any more.
But if these islands were ever invaded by anyone I would fight to my last breath to resist that invasion.

I can't understand why anyone from any other country wouldn't feel the same.

But another thing I have seen during the Ukraine crisis that has rather caught me off guard is the number of so-called Libertarians, Defenders of Freedom and opponents of tyranny and all forms of authoritarianism who have suddenly become supporters of an authoritarian de facto dictator who is holding the threat of nuclear war over the world in order to pursue his own dreams of personal glory and a Greater Russian Empire.
These people are advocating Ukrainians lay down their arms and meekly submit to the will of a tyrant who has invaded their country.

I could go on but I don't want to bore the tits off everyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you stay and fight for America ? - by Freeborn - 03-25-2022, 11:38 AM