Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you stay and fight for America ?
(03-23-2022, 11:15 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 09:09 AM)727Sky Wrote: Unfortunately those who are not interested in war will have a rude awakening when they finally realize war is interested in everything and everyone.

I always wanted to ask you (directly) about killing.  Do pilots wrack up scores the way us Legs do?  I know you guys paint pictures of the other guy's airplanes near the noses of your birds ... sometimes pictures of bombs ... but do you ever (try to) account for the actual numbers? Divvy it up so-to-speak? I would give you the benefit of the doubt, as a gentlemen, that you don't. But, I've always been curious.

I don't know why or when I started thinking about this.  It was a long time ago out in some forgotten shithole.  Teams I was with ... we were surgeons ... and the dr.'s notes we posted were always great in detail.  I remember an epiphany during a BDA we were assigned to as a secondary.  No idea what was in the sky, but we wound up having to estimate the body-count, the stench and the absolute carnage made it impossible to do otherwise.

Pilots and artillerymen.  Scariest numbers for sure.

Explanation: This video of a scene from a war movie covers that in graphic detail.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps answer your queries ok. minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you stay and fight for America ? - by OmegaLogos - 03-23-2022, 11:26 AM